Volunteer Management Training
The Weber State University Center For Community Engaged Learning received the pilot program grant in late 2011 and began relaying the trainings they received to their partners in 2012. All volunteer managers who participate in at least four of the five sessions receive their certification from the Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism. We highly recommend that you implement principles from these modules in your own volunteer programs. Volunteers will have a better experience, thus leading to higher retention rates and better overall satisfaction. Volunteer managers, while having to put in additional work initially, will reap the benefits of a volunteer program that is increasingly self-sustaining.
Additionally, organizations wishing to partner at the Wildcat or Purple Pride levels must have a Certified Volunteer Manager in their volunteer program.
Contact the CCEL at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-626-7737.
Volunteer Management Training Details
All trainings will be held in the Red Cross building in Ogden 2955 Harrison Blvd from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- January 30-Volunteer Management & Creating Position Descriptions and Volunteer Applications
- February 13- Volunteer Recruitment & Digital Media & Interviewing Volunteers
- February 27- Orienting and Training Volunteers & Supervising Volunteers
- March 13- Volunteer Motivation & Retention & Volunteer Recognition
- March 27- Performance Reviews and Performance Problems and Risk Management
- April 3- Organizational Assessment & Volunteer Program Evaluation
The sign-up for Volunteer Management Training will be included as part of the form for changing your level of partnership. That form will be distributed to community partners on December 31st and will no longer be accepted after the 1st of February.
If you wish to attend Volunteer Management Training but are not making changes to your level of partnership, please contact our Community Partner Coordinator, Jenny Frame at email@example.com
801-626-7737 to receive a registration form.