Engaged Faculty Retreat
2022 UCCEN Engaged Faculty Retreat
Connecting, Reflecting and Looking Forward
February 10 - 12, 2022
Red Cliff Lodge, Moab, UT
In-person (with some virtual session options)
Call for Proposals
The 2022 Engaged Faculty Retreat will take place Feb. 10-12, 2022 at the beautiful Red Cliffs Lodge in Moab. This annual event brings together all Utah institutions of higher education to highlight community engagement work, provide learning opportunities, and foster networking. The retreat will provide an enriching and energizing experience for anyone looking to expand their understanding of and capacity for community engagement. The theme this year, "Connecting, Reflecting and Looking Forward" will encourage exploration of our recent experiences and what we want to carry with us into the future.
Specifically, we aim to explore and answer the following questions:
- Have you redefined the term “connection”, and have you retooled your methods for connecting with students, community, and faculty?
- What do you know now that you didn’t know before the unique challenges and unexpected opportunities of the last two years?
- What will you carry forward from the lessons learned in the recent past, and what are you looking forward to?
We are calling for proposals to present on these topics! Interdisciplinary, interdepartmental, and intercampus submissions are welcome. Proposal deadline is Monday, Nov. 1, 2021. Proposals will be reviewed by the Faculty Development Network and selected presenters will be notified by email.
Note: We are currently planning for a Face-to-Face retreat, but in the event that we need to shift to a digital platform, presenters will need to modify to a virtual presentation.
Paper/effective Practice Presentation - 30 Minutes
- Session is principally comprised of content delivery with a short period for Q&A and will share a concurrent session with another presentation.
Interactive Session - 60 minutes
- Session provides a balance between content and interactive activities for the participants. Lasts the duration of a full concurrent session
Panel - 60 minutes
- Session brings together multiple stakeholders to share their perspectives or approaches to a practice, program, project or unifying issue related to the theme. Lasts the duration of a full concurrent session.
Book Club Discussion – 60 minutes
- Participants will need to sign up for this in advance so they can read the book or view the video before attending. The presenter will provide a "study guide" to participants before the retreat. During the session, participants will engage in a discussion moderated by the presenter.
Roundtable or Networking Discussion – 60 minutes
- In small groups of 8-10, participants will discuss an initiative, project, or program that is in development. Depending on the topic, the presenter/discussion leader may ask for a diverse group to participate or for those doing similar work to collaborate.
Proposals are due by Monday, November 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Principal Presenter Institution
- Principal Presenter Information
- Additional Presenter(s)
- Program Format
- Program Title
- Program Abstract
- A/V needs
- Connection to Theme and Guiding Questions