The "CEL" designation on a course stands for Community Engaged Learning and indicates that students will be engaging in meaningful community engagement that is connected to their specific course's academic objectives.
Taking a CEL course is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to apply what you learn in the classroom to the real world, while providing support for a community organization.
Good Engaged Learning Means:
- You have a genuine interest in your project.
- You share your knowledge and talents with clients at your site while in turn learning from their knowledge and talents.
- You reflect on your community engaged experience continuously throughout the semester.
- You actively apply what you are learning in your service experience to your course learning objectives.
- You learn by doing.
- You make a difference in the community!
The WSU catalog contains many CEL courses! Look through
our list of CEL Designated Courses to see which are right for you.