Why Do I Need to Record My Hours?
Registering your service hours with the CIC:
- Provides the university with a more accurate picture of the volunteering happening on our campus,
- Enables the CIC to recognize all of our campus members who are engaged in service,
- Assists faculty in tracking their students' hours for their course, and
- Helps students list all of their service activities on their co-curricular transcript.
How to Record Your Hours
First, you need to Register with the Community Involvement Center.
- If you are volunteering at a community organization with the CIC's Touchscreen Check-in Kiosk, all you need to do is log in to the kiosk using your W# when you get to the organization. The hours you serve will automatically be recorded in the CIC's Hours Tracking System. Don't forget to log out when you leave the organization for the day.
- If you are volunteering at a community organization that does not have the CIC's Touchscreen Check-in Kiosk, print an Individual Service Hours Form to record your hours. You may also pick up a copy of this form in the CIC.
Fill out the form and be sure to provide all the requested information, or it will be returned to you. You must have the Agency Volunteer Coordinator sign it verifying your hours.
Submit the original time log to the Community Involvement Center, Room 327 in the Shepherd Union Building. The form can also be mailed to 2113 University Circle, Weber State University, Ogden, UT 84408-2113.