Financial Petition FAQs
What is the deadline for submitting a financial petition?
The deadline for filing a petition is one year after the original tuition and fee assessment. See PPM 6-22 IX.
What documentation do I need to submit with the petition form?
Please see the supporting documentation page.
How long does the petition process take?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing once ALL documentation is submitted.
How will I know what stage in the process my petition is in?
A formal letter will be sent to the address listed on the petition form notifying you of the committee's decision. For questions during this process, you may email email@example.com or call 801-626-6022.
What circumstances are NOT sufficient to support a Financial Petition?
- Not being aware of add/drop deadlines or forgetting you were registered.
- Insufficient financial aid or financial hardship.
- Dropping coursed to avoid bad grades.
- Deciding that school/life is too overwhelming.
- Academic or Disciplinary dismissal.
- Dissatisfaction with instructor or course content or determining that courses you took do not meet your academic/personal goals.
Who do I contact for more information?
Contact the Financial Petition Office at 801-626-6022 or by eMail at firstname.lastname@example.org .