Why choose Technical Sales at WSU?
- WSU has the only four-year technical sales program in the western United States.
- This degree has a number of options which allow you to tailor your education to support your career goals.
- Your senior projects will prepare you for immediate employment opportunities.
- Affiliated with the National Business Student Organization - Collegiate DECA.
- Faculty-sponsored departmental scholarship plus other private scholarships.
What degrees/certificates are available?
Bachelor of Science (BS) Technical Sales
Bachelor of Science (BS) Interior Design Emphasis in Technical Sales
What courses are offered through online/distance learning?
For a complete listing of WSU online and independent study courses, click here.
What will I learn in the program?
You will learn about all aspects of technical sales, including basic and advanced selling techniques, customer service, contract and sales negotiations, team leadership, supervisory techniques, and sales personalities and profiling. Practical experience gained through internships and cooperative placements will enhance your classroom learning.
Is there an application deadline?
No, however, we encourage you to apply early and register for classes. Contact the department for specific information or to schedule an advisement time.
What are the employment opportunities?
With your bachelor's degree in technical sales, you will be qualified to sell technical products or services to other businesses, plants, professionals and public and private institutions. Technical sales graduates are working for companies such as Hewlett Packard, Merck, Ross and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Kodak, Ford Motor Company, Apple Computer, Kraft Foods and General Electric.
Starting salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level. As a technical sales graduate, you will have a starting salary of $45,000-$65,000 per year plus commission and bonuses. For more information, go to Career Services.