June Challenge- Recess at Work
June 27th is National Recess at Work Day. To honor this event, Employee Wellness is dedicating this month’s challenge to play!
Having close friends is important for our overall wellbeing as it can:
- Increase a sense of belonging and purpose
- Boost happiness and reduce stress
- Improve self-confidence and self-worth
- Help to cope with traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one
- Encourage change or avoidance of unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise
And since we spend most of our days at work, it would be in our best interest to make friends with our co-workers. Gallup recently determined that those who have close friendships at work can help to boost employee satisfaction by almost 50%.
What better way to make new friends or to foster currently friendships than through play!
For this month’s challenge, you are asked to play a small, quick game with one or more coworkers at least ten times throughout the month, on ten separate days. Game ideas are listed below, as well as your tracking sheet. Each week, you will be emailed a tip sheet that better explains the importance of friendships at work and how play can be used to improve your work environment. This tip sheet will also inform you how many “squares” your games are worth for the week. One week, games will be worth three square. Other weeks, they might be work two squares. Record the date you completed each game on your tracking sheet.
Here is an example:
The week of June 4-8, each game was worth one square
The week of June 11-15, each game was worth two squares
The week of June 18-22, each game was worth one square
The week of June 25-29, each game was worth three squares
1- Register by June 1st
4- Return your tracking sheet before July 6th
You may complete this challenge any time during the 2018 calendar year. Tracking sheets returned to Employee Wellness after the due date will not accrue points to the Wellness Store, but may be used towards the Wellness Pays Rewards Program.
Did you know.....
- As you complete Monthly Challenges, you Wellness Wheel will become whole. View your personal Wellness Wheel on the eWeber Portal, Employee Wellness Application. Then click on the "Rewards Program" link listed in the Wellness Pays chart.
- Upon completion of Monthly Challenges, participants will earn points that they can then trade in for a product through the Wellness Store.
- Monthly Challenges count as Wellness Pays Rewards activities! Complete three monthly challenges and earn $20.