- Associates of Science (AS) in Education This is a two-year program designed to prepare students for the elementary, or special education bachelors programs, or work as a para educator. (Course Sequence)
- Elementary Education (BS) Student preparing to teach in elementary schools graduate with a major in Elementary Education; this major has a K-6 track and a 1-8 track. (More information)
- Early Childhood Education (BS)
- Elementary Education/Early Childhood Education Double Major (BS)– This double major is offered collaboratively with the Child and Family Studies Department (More information)
- Special Education: Mild/Moderate (BS) – This major prepares candidates to provide teaching and other educational services to children with special learning needs or disabilities in grades K-12. (More information)
- Master of Education (MED) in Curriculum and Instruction – More information for this degree is available on the MED website.
Degrees and Programs Overview
The Teacher Education Department offers the following degrees and programs (follow the links for more information):
Degrees and Programs
- Secondary Education – Candidates prepare to teach sixth (middle school) through twelfth grade in both the teaching major or teaching minor subject areas in the composite teaching major subject areas. The Professional Education courses are a two semester block of licensure courses and includes student teaching. (More information) (Contacts)
- Graduate Certificate in Elementary Teaching – Licensure courses are offered for those who already have a bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Secondary Teaching – Licensure courses are offered for those who already have a bachelor’s degree.
- Graduate Certificate in Special Education – Licensure courses are offered for those who already have a bachelor’s degree.