How to Apply
Congratulations on wanting to become a teacher! The Teacher Education Department has a selective admissions process which is separate from Weber State University admission. Please review the Admission Requirements document listed below as well as the document for the specific program you are interested in.
- This will provide you with the information necessary to apply for the teacher education program.
- Click here if you want to view the GPA Rating Scale (3.0 minimum GPA)
- ENTRANCE EXAM INFORMATION:
- All Programs: ACT scores may be used for admission with these required scores - ACT composite score of 21 with a verbal/English score no less than 20 and a mathematics/quantitative score of no less than 19.
- Secondary: Students take PRAXIS II content exam(s) in your area(s).
- Elementary, double major in Elementary/Early Childhood Ed., and Special Ed. majors: must take the PRAXIS II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) test. The 4 subtests include Language Arts/Reading (157), Mathematics (157), Science (159), and Social Studies (155) and you must pass all 4 subtests to be eligible for admission into the Teacher Education Dept.
- Early Childhood Ed. (K-3) majors only: must take the PRAXIS II Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects (5001) test, or the PRAXIS II Early Childhood: Content Knowledge (5025).
- To register for PRAXIS II, please go to www.ets.org/praxis/register Please Note: Students need to pass either ACT OR PRAXIS for admission into the Teacher Education program, but passing the required PRAXIS exam is required prior to student teaching.
The Adobe Acrobat Reader or compatible program is required to view the forms.