Student Teaching Checklist
Below you will see a checklist of items needed for your student teaching file, but first we need to make sure you are currently listed in our database application the “Teacher Education Student Portal”.
All student teacher candidates should check to be sure they are in our database. You and your supervisor will utilize this application during your student teaching experience during the evaluation process.
You will probably find you are current from the time you first applied to the Teacher Education program, if not follow the instructions below.
The database application may be found using your eWeber portal as follows:
- Go to weber.edu
- Click your portrait (circle) in the top right of the screen
- Log in to your Weber account and when prompted, the two factor DUO authentication
- You will be redirected to eWeber
- In the “Search for Portal Apps….” area, search for Teacher Education Student Portal
- The result will show a box called Teacher Education Student Portal
- Save to your eWeber favorites by pushing the favorite option with the star
- Add your information by pushing “Start Another Application” button
- (NOTE: do this ONLY if you do not see an active program listing under the “Your Applications” area or you will duplicate your account)
You will need to complete the checklist items below for our file and email them to:
Michelle Checkman - WSU Student Teaching Office
Teacher Education Advisement Center - ED230B
Once this is completed an interview with the Student Teaching Coordinator will be scheduled.
Missing the student teaching deadline could cause you to be placed the following semester
Provide proof of your valid USBE Background Clearance. You may email a screenshot of your Teacher Education Clearance Card or a screenshot of your my.uen.org application status tab for verification:
- Go to uen.org and register for an account if you do not already have one
- Go to your personal page and select the CACTUS link (bottom middle).
- Verify birthdate and SSN.
- Select “verify me”.
- Check personal information.
- Select Application Status.
- Email a screenshot of this page with your CACTUS ID on it to email@example.com
Apply for USBE background clearance if it has expired:
Some good examples would be: your interests, your personal experience in the education program, and why you chose to be a teacher.
Attestation Form to sign
Praxis Test Results: A complete copy including subtest scores or a Praxis Test receipt with your name and date. Will be submitted through the online application This applies to Secondary Education students only: Students being recommended for a license after July 1, 2020, will be held to the new rules. This means that students who will be student teaching in Fall 2020 and beyond would not need to take the Praxis in their teaching major, but still need to take the Praxis in their teaching minor in order to be recommended for licensure.
Verification of Completion (Secondary and Post Bacc. students only)
Undergraduate Secondary Education Students Use Only :1 copy signed by your major and minor department
Post Bacc Graduate Students Use Only (GCT): 1 copy signed by the GCT Director, Dr. Penee Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-626-7410, ED 222
ESL Form (ESL students only) signed by Dr. David Byrd, email@example.com, 801-626-7412, ED 322
Read and be familiar with the policies in the Student Teaching Guidebook