skip to content
  • Calendar
  • Maps

Meet with an Advisor

"In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have." - Lee Iacocca

Welcome to the Teacher Education advisement website. This has been designed to answer questions along your way in becoming a teacher. In addition, it is highly recommended that you come in for academic advising. To schedule an appointment, please call 801-626-7694.

When meeting with an advisor, please bring the Gen. Ed. requirement list if applicable, a copy of your Cattracks Degree-evaluation, and your picture ID.

  1. If you are still completing your general education requirements, please access the General Education sheet.
  2. Print out a copy of your degree evaluation from Cattracks and can be found by choosing Cattracks in your student portal. If your degree is not listed correctly, choose the "What-If" analysis tool and print that version of the degree evaluation.
  3. If necessary, you will need to declare the major through your major department, but this doesn't have to be completed prior to meeting with an advisor.
  • Associates of Science (AS) in Education, Bachelor of Science(BS) Elementary Education, and Special Education majors declare with the Teacher Education Department
  • Early Childhood majors declare with the Child and Family Studies Department
  • Secondary majors declare with your individual content areas. Please see the Secondary Education Contact Names for more information.

Advisement Center Staff

Academic Advisor/Admissions/Licensing
Angie Collinwood
ED 230B
Phone: 801-626-6309
To schedule an advising appointment:  
Academic Advisor/Admissions/Licensing

Denise Wright
ED 230A
Phone: 801-626-6636

To schedule an advising appointment:

Alondra Soto -
ED 230
Phone: 801-626-7694

Coordinator of Student Teaching
Dwayne Hansen
ED 230D

Administrative Assistant
Michelle Checkman
ED 231

Post Baccalaureate/GCT Advisor
Ellynn Raynor
ED 234
Phone: 801-626-6278