Meet with an Advisor
"In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less, because passing civilization along from one generation to the next ought to be the highest honor and the highest responsibility anyone could have." - Lee Iacocca
Welcome to the Teacher Education advisement website. This has been designed to answer questions along your way in becoming a teacher. In addition, it is highly recommended that you come in for academic advising. To schedule an appointment, please call 801-626-7694.
Advisement Center Staff
Coordinator of Advisement
Kristin N. Radulovich, ED 231, 801-626-6309 email@example.com
Brogan Stampick, ED 230A, 801-626-6636 firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Wilkes, ED 230, 801-626-7694 Oliviawilkes@mail.weber.edu
Coordinator of Student Teaching
Dwayne Hansen, ED 230D, email@example.com
Michelle Checkman, ED 230B, firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Baccalaureate/GCT Advisor
When meeting with an advisor, please bring the Gen. Ed. requirement list if applicable, a copy of your Cattracks Degree-evaluation, and your picture ID.
1) If you are still completing your general education requirements, please download your Required General Education Course List based on your catalog year. This will give you the Core Requirements and the Breadth Requirements. Print out a copy using the printable version (pdf) link on the right side of the page.
2) Print out a copy of your degree evaluation from Cattracks and can be found by choosing Cattracks in your student portal. If your degree is not listed correctly, choose the "What-If" analysis tool and print that version of the degree evaluation.
3) If necessary, you will need to declare the major through your major department, but this doesn't have to be completed prior to meeting with an advisor.
- Associates of Science (AS) in Education, Bachelor of Science(BS) Elementary Education, and Special Education majors declare with the Teacher Education Department
- Early Childhood majors declare with the Child and Family Studies Department
- Secondary majors declare with your individual content areas. Please see the Secondary Education Contact Names for more information.