Weber State has a dual advising model. New, first-year students, sophomores and all students (including transfer) working on general education requirements are advised by the College of Social and Behavioral Science Advisors. They can help you get oriented to the university, choose your class schedule and general education requirements, find the correct and most efficient math pathway, assist with financial aid and make sure you are on the right track to meet the major’s prerequisite requirements.
Contact CSBS Advisors
Students who have completed their general education requirements or an associate’s degree and are ready to focus on major and minor requirements are advised by the department advisor, Dr. Leigh Shaw (email@example.com). Call the department office (801.626.6247) to schedule an advising appointment. Dr. Shaw supports students over email during summer semester and school breaks. Schedule an appointment to discuss your course schedule, minor options, how to get the most out of the program, and your academic and professional goals.
Students who are working on a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in psychological science are advised by the Department Chair, Dr. Aaron Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org; 801-626-8743). Call the department office (801.626.6247) to schedule an appointment.
Please review the Advising FAQs to answer your general questions about transfer, cancel/withdrawal, grades, and more, and then reach out to Dr. Shaw if you don't find the answer.
Advisement Handbook (PDF Versions)
- 2023-2024 Catalog Year
- 2022-2023 Catalog Year
- 2021-2022 Catalog Year
- 2020-2021 Catalog Year
- 2019-2020 Catalog Year
- 2018-2019 Catalog Year
FREE Math and English Placement Testing
Do you need your Math or English placement? Would you like to improve your current Math or English placement? WSU is offering FREE placement testing through Dec. 9, 2023.
- Placement Testing Details
- Click here to learn more about and register for the free Math ALEKS Placement test!
- Click here to learn more about and register for the free English ACCUPLACER Placement test!
For more information, contact Tracey Smith, Director of Testing Services (801-626-7663, email@example.com)
See the Transfer Office for detailed instructions about how to transfer to Weber State. Dr. Leigh Shaw reviews all psychology coursework involved in your transfer. If you have questions about how your psychological science coursework articulated into our program, please contact Leigh Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org). Petitions are considered with course descriptions and course syllabi.
The residency policy for students transferring undergraduate psychology credits from another accredited institution of higher education:
- Students who are majoring in psychological science must complete 9 credits of psychological science with a C or better in residence at WSU.
- Students who are minoring in psychological science must complete 6 credits of psychological science with a C or better in residence at WSU.
Sunset policy: students declaring a psychological science major, teaching major, minor or BIS emphasis in a given catalog year can apply previously completed courses towards their degree as long as the courses were taken no longer than 15 years prior to the date of declaration and with a grade of C or better.
Declaring your Major/Minor
You can declare or change your major with the Change My Major app or by completing our online form.
- Go to your eWeber portal and open the Change My Major app
- Use the Major dropdown to select your major.
- Some require a minor and concentration. The app will prompt you to select them.
- The app will prompt you or you will be emailed regarding any requirements and extra steps you’ll need to take for certain majors, minors, certificates, etc.
- Click Submit to send your major declaration request to the department. Your request will be reviewed in 3-5 business days.
- Your major will appear in CatTracks once approved.
Registering for Courses
- Meet with the department advisor to develop a course plan in Cattracks.
- Log in to your eWeber student portal. Step-by-step instructions are available on the registration website.
- Use Registration Schedule Builder to build a class schedule that works with your schedule or go to the Register for Classes app, accept the tuition agreement, click the Register for Classes link, select the correct semester and continue.
- Students adding our statistics and methods series and our capstone courses may get a registration error because we control registration into these courses. If you get an error when you try to register for a Psychological Science course, contact the department administrative specialist, Alicia Guthrie, at email@example.com or 801-626-6247. You need to provide your W# and the CRN for the class you are trying to add.
You must be cleared as a major or minor before you can graduate. The department recommends you seek clearance once you have registered for classes for the semester you plan to apply for graduation. Please see our Graduation webpage for more information.
Clearing a minor in psychological science: Contact Leigh Shaw with your W# for a minor review and clearance.
Clearing a major or teaching major in psychological science: Contact the Department at 801-626-6247 or in person with your W# to schedule an appointment with the department chair for a graduation evaluation, which takes about 15 minutes. You must complete the GRADUATION SURVEY before the appointment.