» I Want A Mentor
How Can I Benefit From Having A Mentor?
- A smooth transition into your college experience
- Time management skills
- Improved study skills
- Getting involved in campus leadership
- Support with making friends
- Referrals to services that meet your needs
- Enjoying the academic and social experience of attending Weber State University
The Mentor/Mentee Relationship
Whether you’re an incoming freshman straight from high school, a returning student who started your college adventure 20 years ago, or a current student coming back in for another round, transitioning into the college atmosphere can be an overwhelming and daunting quest.
Mentors are experienced students who are trained and knowledgeable in many aspects of the university. Mentors are trained just for YOU. Each department structures their mentor program to support the students who use their services, so there are many ways to develop the mentor/mentee relationship. Ultimately, it’s about YOU and mentors want to help YOU succeed in your college experience; so you can discuss what kind of support you are looking for with the department contact.
Departments with Mentor Programs
The following departments in WSU Student Affairs can provide a mentor for you. Please contact the department(s) in which you are most interested.
- Davis Student Services
- Center for Multicultural Excellence
- Nontraditional Student Center
- Office of Access & Outreach
Courses with Mentor Programs