Get Peer Mentoring
What is Peer Mentoring?
Peer Mentoring is a service where students may receive help from other SSS students. Peer Mentors are available to help with anything a student might need. They can help students:
- get familiar with campus;
- navigate Weber’s website and eWeber portal, canvas, and the library’s search engine;
- establish good test taking skills, schedule planning, and study skills;
- give college life advice;
- help with stress managment; and
- anything else students might need.
WSU Resource for All Students
Another great resource on campus is Academic Peer Coaching.
Graduate School Mentoring
If you are planning on going to graduate school, Student Support Services can help you with the graduate school application process. The process of applying to graduate school is tedious and takes some time to prepare all the necessary requirements. Usually, it is advisable to begin the graduation process at least one and half years in advance, no later than your junior year.
Here is the step-by-step guideline to apply to graduate school.
- Choose which programs you want to apply for.
- Plan out the timeline for your application.
- Request transcripts and recommendation letters.
- Take any standardized tests that the program requires.
- Write your resume or CV.
- Write your statement of purpose and/or personal statement.
- Prepare for interviews, if relevant.
Standardized Test: Most programs require you to take a standardized test. The most common standardized test is the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Here is the link to the GRE information for 2024: https://shikshalelo.com/exam/
Please note that the GRE is a difficult exam which usually takes at least 6 months to prepare for it.
Student Support Services can help you with the following:
Advising you throughout the graduation application process.
Help /advice writing your personal statement/statement of intent.
Help/advice writing your Curriculum Vitae.
Provide study guides for the standardized tests.
Advice you on requesting transcripts and recommendation letters.
Unfortunately, Student Support Services cannot help you with financial assistance because grants aid is not available for graduate school. Usually, loans are available. However, students can check with the college departments they are applying to see if they offer financial assistance.
If you need help with the graduate school application process, please reach out to Pam Nandkeshwar at firstname.lastname@example.org