To facilitate the co-creation of meaningful mentoring relationships in an affirming community to address gaps in access, persistence and graduation. We empower students to use and share their knowledge to confidently engage educational experiences throughout their lives.
To lead a deep culture of mentoring to transform the lives of our communities
Values: Equity and Social Justice, Sense of Belonging and Engagement
“ Through one-on-one and small group mentoring, participants will learn about important topics like campus resources, goal setting, time management, talking to faculty, and their own personal, academic, leadership and identity development.”
Focus Areas and Learning Outcomes
Students will gain and manage knowledge to successfully navigate college.
- Students identify campus resources for needs like financial aid, registration and
academic and personal wellness.
- Students access resources on campus to meet their needs and/or enhance their
Students will develop a sense of belonging
among peers and within WSU.
- Students describe the value of engaging with peers in activities and/or organizations
- Students describe how their social identities influence their relationship with their peers, faculty and staff.
- Students describe how their social identities influence their educational experience.
- Students articulate a meaningful connection to the University.
Students will invest in their preparation for successful graduation and life beyond college.
- Students describe the value of investing time in skills development and engaging in
- Students identify and communicate their strengths and areas of growth.
- Students identify, develop and appropriately apply their leadership skills.
- Students articulate steps to achieve their plan for graduation and beyond.
Peer Mentors facilitate one on one and small group reflection and activities.
Mentees receive an end of term evaluations to assess the program, their Peer Mentors and their learning.
We want to partner with you! Consider the following options:
- Don't Cancel Class! Have our program facilitate a workshop for your class as part of your curriculum, or when you need to be away for a day.
- SMART Goal Setting
- How to Talk to Your Professor
- Social Identity Wheel
- Diversity Toss
- Understanding Impostership Syndrome
- Purposeful Involvement
- a brief mentoring info session
- Be a Faculty Partner for one of our Peer Mentors!
Log your hours here, or access the Student Affairs Peer Mentoring Programs Canvas course.