» I Want To Be A Mentor
The mentor/mentee relationship is a valuable and reciprocal relationship in which both parties gain skills and grow.
Mentors promote involvement and retention throughout the university by assisting peers with academic and personal growth to maximize collegiate success. Mentors inform peers about learning, leadership, and social opportunities to help them in meaningful ways to the campus and community.
Benefits Of Becoming A Peer Mentor
- Satisfaction of helping students reach their academic and professional goals
- Recognition from WSU for participation in a leadership role
- An expanded network of colleagues within the mentor cohort
- Increased self-esteem, self-confidence, and affirmation of leadership competence
- Learning new methods for effective communication
- Specialized training
Departments With Mentor Programs
The following departments at WSU can provide a mentor for you. To get connected with a mentor, please contact the departments below in which you are most interested.
Contact: email@example.com | 801-626-7332
Contact: CATT@weber.edu | 801-626-6413
Housing and Residence Life Living Learning Communities
Contact: 801-626-77941 (Ogden Campus) | 801-395-3464 (Davis Campus)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 801-626-7850