Advisor and Peer Mentors
Nontraditional Student Center Advisor
During your appointment with the Nontrad Advisor you can discuss:
- Major and Career options with the credit you have earned here at Weber or your transfer credits.
- Information about CatTracks or academic petitions.
- Personal challenges such as child care or food insecurities.
- Discuss options in times of crisis with classes, financial aid or personal crisis.
The Nontrad Advisor is a supporting guide and will help discuss and review the academic plan you have established with your academic advisor.
Student Peer Mentors
During your appointment with the Student Peer Mentor you can discuss:
- Admissions and the process to getting accepted into the university.
- Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Tuition Waivers to help you fund your education.
- Concerns you have with class load, studying, or time management.
- Online Classes and help with navigating Canvas.
- Information about campus resources.
- Personal challenges with juggling school, work, and family.
Although many students share their challenges in life with our staff, it is important to note if you have a mental health concern or crisis, please contact the Counseling and Psychological Services Center.
Please Note: It is also important to know that we are non-confidential. As such, we are required to report all disclosures of sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, child abuse, elder abuse, abuse against people with disabilities and instances of discrimination or harassment. For more information on campus reporting requirements and a list of confidential resources on campus, please visit the Safe@Weber.