Why Major in Management Information Systems (MIS)?
Our MIS program builds your technical skills, managerial and business skills, along with providing the knowledge and communication skills to navigate the business world. The depth and breadth of technical know-how gained in the MIS program prepares you for a successful career as an information systems professional, helping organizations support business processes and solve business problems. Most Goddard MIS students find great-paying jobs before they graduate, they also have a high acceptance rate to graduate school.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY OF OUR
AVERAGE RATING OF OUR MIS PROFESSORS ON "RATE MY PROFESSOR"
ANNUAL GROWTH RATE FOR MIS JOBS NATIONWIDE
JOB PLACEMENT FOR OUR
MIS GRADUATES IN 2016
YOU'LL TAKE COURSES LIKE THESE:
- Software Development (IST 2110)
- Database Design and Implementation (IST 3210)
- Networks & Data Communications (IST 3610)
- Information Security I (IST 4600)
- Systems Analysis and Design (IST 4730)
- Emerging Information Technologies (IST 4720)
- Enterprise Software Development (IST 4710)
YOU'LL LEARN SKILLS LIKE THESE:
Build a resume of sought after skills:
- Application development
- Database administration
- Network & systems management
- Rapid prototyping
- Business analytics
- Knowledge management
- IT project management
- Enterprise systems
- Information security
- Web development
YOU'LL GET THESE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCES:
- Real-world projects for local companies and community partners.
- Training for industry certifications like Network+, Security+, CAPM, etc.
- Visits to local high-tech companies like Adobe, WhiteClouds, etc.
- Extensive hands-on applied projects requested by industry partners.
OUR MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS MAJORS ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)