Why Major in Management Information Systems (MIS)?
Our MIS program builds your technical skills, managerial and business skills, along with providing the knowledge and communication skills to navigate the business world. The depth and breadth of technical know-how gained in the MIS program prepares you for a successful career as an information systems professional, helping organizations support business processes and solve business problems. Most Goddard MIS students find great-paying jobs before they graduate, they also have a high acceptance rate to graduate school.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY OF OUR
AVERAGE RATING OF OUR MIS PROFESSORS ON "RATE MY PROFESSOR"
ANNUAL GROWTH RATE FOR MIS JOBS NATIONWIDE
JOB PLACEMENT FOR OUR
MIS GRADUATES IN 2016
YOU'LL TAKE COURSES LIKE THESE:
- Software Development (IST 2110)
- Database Design and Implementation (IST 3210)
- Networks & Data Communications (IST 3610)
- Information Security I (IST 4600)
- Systems Analysis and Design (IST 4730)
- Emerging Information Technologies (IST 4720)
- Enterprise Software Development (IST 4710)
YOU'LL LEARN SKILLS LIKE THESE:
Build a resume of sought after skills:
- Application development
- Database administration
- Network & systems management
- Rapid prototyping
- Business analytics
- Knowledge management
- IT project management
- Enterprise systems
- Information security
- Web development
YOU'LL GET THESE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCES:
- Real-world projects for local companies and community partners.
- Training for industry certifications like Network+, Security+, CAPM, etc.
- Visits to local high-tech companies like Adobe, WhiteClouds, etc.
- Extensive hands-on applied projects requested by industry partners.
GRADUATE PROGRAM PARTNER - CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY
Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy awards students and alumni of Weber State who enroll in any of the master’s programs at Heinz College a minimum scholarship of 30% of tuition per semester.
Heinz College offers top-ranked graduate degree programs in Information Systems & Management, Public Policy & Management, and Creative Enterprises Management. Heinz College provides students with the analytics, technology, and policy skills necessary to solve complex societal problems in an increasingly connected world. Our research excellence and expertise in data analytics set Heinz College apart in the areas of cybersecurity, health care, the future of work, smart cities, and arts & entertainment. In 2016, INFORMS named Heinz College the #1 academic program for Analytics Education.
To learn more, prospective students can connect with us today or learn more about the application process. You may also email David Eber, the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, directly at email@example.com.
OUR MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS MAJORS ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)