Why Major in Supply Chain Management?
Supply chain management (SCM) is the value creation engine for every organization. SCM is where high quality, low cost, rapid, on-time delivery, great innovation, and collaboration happen to serve customers better. The Goddard School's SCM program gives you the specialized skills to manage key value-added processes, inspire creative decision-making, and collaborate effectively with decision makers across the firm and around the world. Still not sure what supply chain management is? Check out this quick and simple supply chain management diagram.
REGISTER FOR THE ACTION LEARNING WORKSHOP
5.5.19 - 5.8.19
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY OF OUR
SUPPLY CHAIN GRADUATES
# OF JOBS TO FILL
GM/WAYNE STATE 2018 INTERNATIONAL
JOB PLACEMENT FOR OUR
SUPPLY CHAIN GRADUATES
IS THIS CAREER RIGHT FOR YOU?
In the Supply Chain Management Program, we’re dedicated to providing our students with a whole-brained, experiential education by engaged professors in small, collaborative classes and offer access to amazing opportunities along the way. To achieve this, we look for a few core qualities in our students. Our students are:
STUDENTS WHO EXCEL IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT PROGRAM SHARE THESE DREAMS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Want to be influencers
- Are creative & collaborative
- Are willing to take good risks
- Tell sticky stories
- Share ideas & improve processes
- Willing to stretch themselves
- Are evidence-based decision makers
If you share these qualities and attributes, you’ll not only find the educational experience both challenging and rewarding, but ultimately success in your life-long career as well!
YOU'LL TAKE COURSES LIKE THESE:
- Spreadsheet Modeling for Decision-Making (SCM 3500)
- Logistics & Transportation (SCM 3600)
- Purchasing & Strategic Sourcing (SCM 3700)
- Global Supply Chain Management (SCM 4400)
- Strategic Supply Chain Design (SCM 4550)
YOU'LL LEARN SKILLS LIKE THESE:
- Develop the management and people skills necessary to be a leader in a company.
- Develop many of the technical skills that supply chain managers need in daily life.
- Learn about logistics and transportation, purchasing and strategic sourcing, global supply chain management, relational strategies and supply chain design.
YOU'LL GET THESE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCES:
- Work on optimization and simulation projects with companies and community partners and teach supply chain management to a local high school
- Have the opportunity to interact with and be mentored by highly professional members of the SC Center advisory board.
- Be a part of our student club for exclusive plant tours, and show your skills in the Weber State Supply Chain Management Case Competition.
OUR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT MAJORS ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)