Weber State University’s Master of Accounting (MAcc) program empowers you with the skills to succeed at any level. As a MAcc graduate, you will have the accounting, analytical and communication skills sought by public and private accounting firms and government entities.
Faculty members bring real-world teaching scenarios to the classroom and teach you how to adapt to a changing world that requires flexibility, creativity and discipline.
Why Choose a MAcc Degree?
MAcc courses are conveniently taught at WSU Davis in the late afternoon and evening to better meet your schedule.
If you have a bachelor's degree in accounting, you can complete the program in as little as two semesters of full-time study. The program must be completed within 6 years from the date of acceptance.
Earning your MAcc degree gives you more career opportunities in accounting and management and satisfies the education requirements of the Utah Certified Public Accountant Licensing Act for sitting for the CPA exam.
Many of today’s accountants are turning their MAcc degrees into opportunities to work as vice presidents, CEOs and CFOs in today's business world.
What You’ll Learn
Our program features in-depth coverage of financial accounting, reporting and tax topics that include:
- FASB and the standard-setting process
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls
- SEC regulations, policy and practice
- GASB government reporting model
- Advanced cost and management accounting
- Comprehensive financial statement analysis and valuation
- Database systems and data analysis tools and systems
- Internal control and risk assessment
- Fraud control
- Corporate, partnership and individual tax analysis
- Tax research