Why Major in Accounting?
Our accounting program is separately accredited by the AACSB, enjoying an elite distinction among U.S. and international accounting programs. Our bachelor's degree in accounting prepares you to start your career as an accounting professional, or to enter any of our business graduate programs. Class sizes tend to be smaller than any of our competitors among public and private universities in Utah, providing you with a much more personalized experience.
AVERAGE SALARY OFFER OF OUR
STUDENT TO FACULTY RATIO
(0 STUDENT TAUGHT COURSES)
FOR ACCOUNTING STUDENTS
JOBS OFFERED THROUGH CAREER SERVICES
TO 2016 ACCOUNTING GRADUATES
YOU'LL TAKE COURSES LIKE THESE:
- Taxation of Individuals (ACTG 3400)
- Survey of Business Law (BSAD 4210)
- Accounting for Global & Complex Entities (ACTG 4140)
- Cost Accounting (ACTG 3300)
YOU'LL LEARN SKILLS LIKE THESE:
Accounting is much more than bookkeeping! You'll be versed in topics such as:
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
YOU'LL GET THESE HANDS-ON EXPERIENCES:
- Join the accounting club, Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) to participate in competitions, community service projects, seminars, luncheons, networking events and more.
OUR ACCOUNTING MAJORS ARE WORKING FOR THESE COMPANIES (AND MORE)