Why choose Professional Sales at WSU?
What degrees/certificates are available?
Bachelor of Science (BS) Professional Sales
Bachelor of Science (BS) Interior Design Emphasis in Professional Sales
What courses are offered through online/distance learning?
For a complete listing of WSU online and independent study courses, click here.
- WSU has the only four-year Professional Sales program in the western United States.
- This degree has a number of options which allow you to tailor your education to support your career goals.
- Your senior projects will prepare you for immediate employment opportunities.
- Affiliated with the National Business Student Organization - Collegiate DECA.
- Faculty-sponsored departmental scholarship plus other private scholarships.
- Official Member of the University Sales Center Alliance
- SEF named WSU's Professional Sales program one of 2013's Top University Sales Programs
- Established the Center for Sales Excellence
What will I learn in the program?
You will learn about all aspects of technical sales, including basic and advanced selling techniques, customer service, contract and sales negotiations, team leadership, supervisory techniques, and sales personalities and profiling. Practical experience gained through internships and cooperative placements will enhance your classroom learning.
Is there an application deadline?
No, however, we encourage you to apply early and register for classes. Contact the department for specific information or to schedule an advisement time.
What are the employment opportunities?
With your bachelor's degree in Professional Sales, you will be qualified to sell products or services to other businesses, plants, professionals and public and private institutions. Professional Sales graduates are working for companies such as Oracle, Hewlett Packard, Merck, Ross and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Kodak, Ford Motor Company, Apple Computer, Kraft Foods and General Electric.
Starting salaries vary depending on the region, workplace and skill level. As a technical sales graduate, you will have a starting salary of $45,000-$65,000 per year plus commission and bonuses. For more information, go to Career Services.