New International Students
Whether you are graduating from high school or you are coming back to school without wanting to transfer any credits, Weber State welcomes you!
- Application Fee: $65 USD payable online with a credit card. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to pay online.
- Passport: Provide a readable copy of the identification page of your passport that lists your name, date of birth, and expiration date.
- Educational Records: Official transcripts of your academic records and a diploma showing date of completion. Include certified translation into English, if necessary.
- English Proficiency: For admission to an academic program of study, you must complete one of the following:
- TOEFL: 500 paper-based or 61 internet-based (please request official results sent to WSU using school code 4941)
- TOEFL Essentials: 6.5
- IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section.
- SAT Critical Reading score of 420
- ACT English score of 17
- PTE Academic score of 46
- Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma at an accredited high school
- Attended a U.S. high school for at least 3 years
- Received a grade of “C” or better in a college-level English Composition Course (equal to WSU’s English 1010) at an accredited U.S. college or university
- DUOLINGO English Test: Score of 95 or above (please request official results sent to WSU directly from Duolingo)
- Bank Statement or Bank Letter: A bank statement or bank letter that shows the account holder’s full name, the currency type, the balance of the account and a signature and stamp from a bank official on a bank letterhead. This must be in English. The amount in the bank account should be more than the cost estimate (equal to one year of tuition and all other expenses).
Documents That May Be Required:
- Copy of I-20 and Visa: Only if you are coming from a high school within the U.S., please provide a copy of your visa and copies of all I-20’s you have been issued.
- Dependent Request: If you are planning to bring a spouse or children as a dependent, please complete the Dependent I-20 Request Form and submit the documents requested in the form.
Once you have compiled all required documents, apply and submit them through our online portal.
Apply & Submit Documents Online
Once you've applied and your documents have been accepted, you must still register for classes.
All international students will need ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer scores for English placement. Without that, students will be placed in ENGL 0900.
All international students will need ACT or ALEKS placement scores for Math placement. Without that, students will be placed in MATH 0950.