International Student Health Insurance
International students must provide evidence of independent health insurance coverage for each term enrolled. Learn more on the official PPM.
- Health Insurance is required for all international Students in an F or J visa category
- Students must purchase health insurance through Relation for each semester they are enrolled at Weber State University (or submit a waiver request)
- Students must enroll online by the beginning of each semester
- If you qualify for a waiver (see below), you have one week after the last day to cancel class, to submit your waiver request
- Enrollment begins July 1, 2018
Instructions for Weber State University Waiver Petition Submission
- Waivers will not be accepted unless you have a comparable embassy or a USA based employer insurance plan.
- All waiver applications will be reviewed and coverage information verified by the Relation Customer Service Team.
- All university international student accounts will maintain a hold until they have successfully waived or purchased the insurance.
- Email notification will be sent advising status of your waiver application.
Submit a Waiver Request
Email the following to email@example.com (with the subject: Weber State University Waiver Petition Submission):
- A copy of Medical Plan ID card
- Plan summary
- Letter of embassy coverage or employer coverage verification