International Student Health Insurance
How does my insurance plan apply to COVID-19?
- If you need to be tested for Coronavirus: Your health plan will cover the costs for doctor- ordered COVID-19/coronavirus testing with no copay or deductible, including at out-of-network facilities if an in-network provider is not accessible.
- If you contract Coronavirus: Your health plan will provide coverage for COVID-19/coronavirus treatment the same as it would any other illness. You can reference your health plan details via your insurance portal.
International students who are enrolled in classes are automatically enrolled in the Weber State University international student health insurance plan provided through Relation Insurance, per the official PPM.
For the summer term, if you are not enrolled in classes, please purchase summer insurance directly with Relation Insurance Services.
- Health insurance is required for all international students and scholars in an F or J visa category.
- Each semester, all registered students will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Embassy or government-sponsored students must provide proof of health insurance coverage to be exempted from automatic enrollment.
- Scholars must provide proof of health insurance coverage before beginning any scholar-related activities with their department. Scholars can enroll in Relation Insurance by contacting the ISSC and completing an enrollment form.
International Student Health Insurance Portal
Please access your student health insurance portal anytime to:
- Learn more about how to use your health insurance plan.
- Find healthcare providers *Please remember to use an in-network provider, as using an out-of-network provider will result in additional costs to you.
- Download your Insurance ID cards.
- See answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Learn about waiver guidelines/deadlines and apply for a health insurance waiver (pending eligibility)
- Purchase health insurance for your dependents.
- Review your claims.
- Find contact information for Relation Insurance Services (enrollment and eligibility questions) and Geoblue (claims and benefits questions).
- Manually enroll for insurance (only applies if you are not registered for classes during the summer vacation semester).
Waiver Application Submission
International students and scholars may be eligible for an insurance waiver. Any waiver request must be made via the insurance portal and before the waiver deadline. All waiver applications must be approved before coverage can be waived. Waivers will only be reviewed if they meet the following criteria:
- Coverage must be continuous (no break or termination) for the entire academic year
- U.S.-based employer-sponsored plan as a dependent under a spouse or parent
- The deductible must be $500 or less per policy year
- International students may not waive with insurance from their home country
Your insurance coverage will be verified. Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of the Weber State University International Student Insurance Plan. If you have been approved for an insurance waiver, you are required to renew your waiver before the deadline every fall semester.
Waiver Submission Deadlines
|TERM||WAIVER PORTAL CLOSED||TIME|
|Fall 2022||09/15/2022||11:59 p.m.|
|Spring 2023||01/31/2023||11:59 p.m.|
|Summer 2023||05/31/2023||11:59 p.m.|