International Student Health Insurance
International students are automatically enrolled in the Weber State University international student health insurance plan provided through Relation Insurance. Learn more about the official PPM.
- Health insurance is required for all international students and scholars in an F or J visa category.
- Students will be automatically enrolled each semester in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) when they register for classes. Embassy or government-sponsored students must provide proof of health insurance coverage in order to be exempted from automatic enrollment.
- Scholars must provide proof of health insurance coverage before beginning any scholar related activities with their department. Scholars can enroll in Relation Insurance by contacting the ISSC and completing an enrollment form.
International Student Health Insurance Portal
Please access your student health insurance portal anytime to:
- Learn more about how to use your health insurance plan
- Find healthcare providers
- Download your Insurance ID cards
- See answers to "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ)
- Learn about waiver guidelines/deadlines and apply for a health insurance waiver (pending eligibility)
- Purchase health insurance for your dependents
- Review your claims
- Contact information for both Relation Insurance Services (enrollment and eligibility questions) and Geoblue (claims and benefits questions)
Waiver Application Submission
International Students may be eligible for an insurance waiver. The waiver must be submitted online before the waiver deadline, and all waiver applications must be approved before coverage can be waived. Waivers will only be reviewed if they meet the following criteria:
- Coverage must be continuous (no break or termination) for the entire academic year
- U.S.-based employer-sponsored plan as a dependent under a spouse or parent
- Employer-sponsored coverage through employment, spouse or parent
- The deductible must be $500 or less per policy year
- International students may not waive with insurance from their home country
Your insurance coverage will be verified. Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all of the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of the Weber State University International Student Insurance Plan. If you have been approved and have received an insurance waiver, you are required to renew your waiver before the deadline every fall semester.
Waiver Submission Deadlines
|Term||Waiver Portal Closed||Time|