International students who are enrolled in classes are automatically enrolled in the Weber State University international student health insurance plan provided through Risk Strategies Insurance, per the official PPM.
Learn more about Ogden Clinic Student Healthcare Services.
- Health insurance is required for all international students and scholars in an F or J visa category.
- Visit weber.mycare26.com to enroll your dependents online with a credit card. Your dependents (spouse, domestic partner, or children under the age of 26) must be enrolled before the start of the term or within 31 days of marriage, birth, adoption, or arrival in the U.S.
You will receive an email from GeoBlue at the start of each semester/term notifying you to download your ID card. You may set up an account to access your ID card at www.geobluestudents.com any time. Carry your ID card with you at all times! You will need your card when you visit the doctor’s office, urgent care, or hospital.
Where to Access Care
- Ogden Clinic, for minor illness or injuries
- TeleMD™ or Doctor’s office, for medical concerns and sick visits
- Urgent care center, for non-emergency illnesses or injuries that need immediate care
- Hospital, for scheduled surgery or a medical emergency only
You can find a doctor or facility in-network through GeoBlue under “Find a Provider.”
Download Global TeleMD™ on the App Store or Google Play to access your information and your doctor via telephone or video call. Create a profile and log in.
What You Will Pay
- The cost of the insurance charge each semester
- A $200 deductible per policy year (waived at a Blue Card PPO doctor’s office)
- A $35 copay when you go to a Blue Card PPO doctor’s office
- A $45 copay after deductible when you go to a Blue Card PPO urgent care center when the doctor’s office is closed
- A $100 copay if you go to a Blue Card PPO emergency room (waived if you are admitted to the hospital)
- $10/$35 for Generic/Brand prescription medication
- 20% or 30% out-of-network coinsurance if you do not use a Blue Card PPO provider
- Full amount for any services not covered by insurance (see exclusions and limitations in the Payment Member Guide) or that is not medically necessary
International students and scholars may be eligible for an insurance waiver, with their personal insurance.
Waivers will only be reviewed if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The deductible must be $500 or less per policy year. U.S.-based employer-sponsored plan as a dependent under a spouse or parent. Coverage must be continuous (no break or termination) for the entire academic year.
- International students sponsored by the government of their home country.
Deadline: You must fill out the Insurance Waiver Request within 2 weeks after the start of the semester to begin the waiver process.
- Your insurance coverage will be verified before waiver approval.
- Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of the Weber State University International Student Insurance Plan.
- If you have been approved for an insurance waiver, you are required to renew your waiver before every fall semester.