International Student Health Insurance
International students are required to enroll in the Weber State University international student health insurance plan provided through Relation Insurance. Learn more on the official PPM.
- Health Insurance is required for all International Students and Scholars in an F or J visa category.
- Students will be automatically enrolled each semester in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) when they register for classes. Embassy or government-sponsored students must provide proof of health insurance coverage in order to be exempted from automatic enrollment.
- Scholars must provide proof of health insurance coverage before beginning any scholar related activities with their department.
- If you qualify for a waiver (see below), you must submit a waiver request each semester. The waiver must be submitted online before the Waiver Deadline. All waiver applications must be approved before coverage can be waived.
Waiver Application Submission
Waiver Submission Dates:
|Term||Waiver Portal Open||Waiver Portal Closed|
Waivers will only be reviewed if they meet the following criteria:
- Coverage must be continuous (no break or termination) for the entire academic year
- Employer-sponsored coverage through employment, spouse or parent
- Deductible must be $500 or less per policy year
- International students may not waive with insurance from their home country
Your insurance coverage will be verified. Students who are covered under a health insurance plan that does not meet all of the applicable requirements will not be allowed to waive out of the Weber State University International Student Insurance Plan.