International Transfer Students

If you have any college credits from another institution you wish to bring with you, whether it be from inside the United States or somewhere else in the world, this is the application for you.

Required Documents

  1. Application Fee: $65 USD payable online with a credit card. Email us at if you are unable to pay online.
  2. Passport: Provide a readable copy of the identification page of your passport that lists your name, date of birth, and expiration date.
  3. Educational Records: Official transcripts of your academic records and a diploma showing date of completion. Include certified translation into English if necessary. Note: High School Transcripts are not required if you have passed at least 30 degree-seeking credits at an accredited U.S. college or university.
  4. English Proficiency: You must complete one of the following:
    • TOEFL: 500 paper-based or 61 internet-based (please request official results sent to WSU using school code 4941)
    • TOEFL Essentials: 6.5
    • IELTS: 6.0 overall with a minimum score of 5.0 on each section
    • SAT Critical Reading score of 420
    • ACT English score of 17
    • PTE Academic score of 46
    • Completion of the International Baccalaureate Diploma at an accredited high school
    • Attended a U.S. high school for at least 3 years
    • Received a grade of “C” or better in a college-level English Composition Course (equal to WSU’s English 1010) at an accredited U.S. college or university
    • DUOLINGO English Test: Score of 90 or above (please request official results sent to WSU directly from Duolingo)
  5. Bank Statement or Bank Letter: A bank statement or bank letter that shows the account holder’s full name, the currency type, the balance of the account, and a signature and stamp from a bank official on a bank letterhead. This must be in English. The amount in the bank account should be more than the cost estimate (equal to one year of tuition and all other expenses).

Documents That May Be Required:

  1. Copy of I-20 and Visa: If you are coming from a school within the U.S., please provide a copy of your visa and copies of all I-20’s you have been issued.
  2. Foreign Credentials Evaluation: If you would like to receive credit for your work from any colleges or universities that you have attended outside of the United States, you will need to have your credits evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation company. For a list of approved companies, go visit Foreign Credentials Evaluation Services. You will need to have the evaluation done course-by-course.
  3. Dependent Request: If you are planning to bring a spouse or children as a dependent, please complete the Dependent I-20 Request Form and submit the documents requested in the form.

Once you have compiled all required documents, apply and submit them through our online portal.

Apply & Submit Documents Online