PROFESSOR OF FINANCE
OFFICE: WB 275
Yuhong Fan joined the faculty of Weber State University in 2005 and currently serves as a professor of finance at the School of Accounting & Taxation. She is also the faculty advisor of Wildcat Investors Club. In addition to BE and ME degrees, Fan holds a PhD in finance from Old Dominion University.
She teaches Personal Finance, Investments, and Investment Problems courses in the Goddard School’s undergraduate program. Her research interest is on managed funds, such as mutual funds' characteristics and performance.
Fan is a CFA charterholder and a member of the SLC CFA Society.
Ph.D., Finance - Old Dominion University
ME, Construction management & economics - Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology, Xi'an, China
BE, Construction investments and economics - Xi'an University of Architecture and Technology, Xi'an, China
In her spare time, she likes to cook new dishes and read about psychology and interior design.
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Fan, Yuhong. “Position- adjusted Turnover Ratio and Mutual Fund Performance”, Studies in Economics and Finance, Spring, 2018 (forthcoming).
- Fan, Yuhong, and M. I. Mazumder (2017). "CFA, MBA, or Both, Further Evidence on Mutual Fund Performance", Journal of Accounting and Finance.
- Addams, H. Lon, Y. Fan, and J. Morgan (2013). “Teaching Management Principles by Integrating Video Clips to Enhance Learning”, Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol 5(2), p 58-67.
- Fan, Yuhong, and H. L. Addams (2012). “United States-based international mutual funds: performance and persistence”, Financial Services Review, Vol (21) No.1, 51-61.
- Fan, Yuhong, M. Najand, K. Yung, and F Case (2011). “Pre-Operating Performances and IPOs After Market Returns”, International Journal of Business, Accounting, and Finance, Vol (5) No. 1.
- Fan, Yuhong, and F. Case (2010). “R&D Effects on Cross Sectional Stock Returns”, Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Vol (14) No. 3.
- Fan, Yuhong, and H. L. Addams (2009). “Underwriter’s Prestige and Pre-IPO Operating Performances”, Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, Vol (13) No. 4.
- Fan, Yuhong, and E. Mahdy (2007). “The Effect of US-Japan Trade Deficit Announcement on the Abnormal Returns of Japanese ADRs”, Global Review of Business and Economic Research, Vol (3) No. 1.
“CFA Designation and Fund Performance: Further Evidence” coauthored with Mazumder, M. Imitiaz, to be presented at Financial Management annual meeting, Boston, October, 2017
- “CFA Designation and Fund Performance: Further Evidence” coauthored with Mazumder, M. Imitiaz, presented at Academy of Financial Services Annual meeting, October, 2016.
- “International Mutual Funds: Performance and Persistence” coauthored with H. Lon Addams, presented at Academy of Financial Service annual meeting, October, 2011.
- “Pre-Operating Performances and IPOs After Market Returns” presented at conference of The International Academy of Business and Public Administration
- Disciplines, October 2010, New Orleans.
- “International Mutual Funds: Performance and Persistence” presented at Mountain Plains Conference, October 2010.
- “Pre-Operating Performances and IPOs After Market Returns” presented at Allied Academy annual meeting, April, 2010. This presentation funded by WSU RSPG.
- “R&D Effects on Cross Sectional Stock Returns” presented at Allied Academy annual meeting, April, 2009.
- “Valuation Uncertainty, Overreaction, and IPO Underpricing” presented at the FMA annual meeting, October, 2006.
- “Overreaction and IPO Valuation -Perspective from Internet Bubble Period” presented at The Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting, April 2005.