ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ACCOUNTING
OFFICE: WB 256
Valerie Chambers joined the faculty of Weber State University in 2017 and is an assistant professor in the School of Accounting & Taxation at the Goddard School of Business & Economics.
She earned her Ph.D in accounting in 2017 from Arizona State University. She also earned her Master of Accountancy from Arizona State University and her BS in Accounting from Oklahoma Baptist University. Prior to entering her doctorate program, she worked as an Associate and Senior Associate Auditor with KPMG in their Houston and Phoenix offices. She left public accounting to pursue a career in academia, initially teaching as an adjunct and instructor at Mesa Community College and Arizona State University, in Phoenix, Arizona.
Chambers teaches introductory financial accounting in the Goddard School’s undergraduate program. Her research centers around judgment and decision making in an accounting context, with emphasis on decisions of and about auditors.
Ph.D., Accounting - Arizona State University
MAcc - Arizona State University
Bachelor of Professional Accountancy - Oklahoma Baptist University
CPA - State of Texas, 2006
Certified Fraud Examiner, 2012
Arizona State University:
Federation of Schools of Accountancy Student Achievement Award , 2010
• "Exceptional Performer" annual review rating, 2006-2009
• Received "Standing Ovation" excellence award, 2006 and 2007
Reading mystery novels, watching football, and playing with my kids.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Colorado Accounting Research Symposium (CARS), August 2016
- AAA Auditing Section Doctoral Consort ium and Mid year Meeting, January 2016
- AAA ABO Section Doctoral Consortium and Mid year Meeting (Discussant and Moderator ), October 2015
- Colorado Accounting Research Symposium (CARS ), August 2015
- American Accounting Associational Annual Meeting, August 2015
- AAA Auditing Section Mid year Meeting, January 2015
- AAA Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium and Midyear Meeting January 2014
- AAA ABO Section Doctoral Consortium and Mid year Meeting, October 2013