ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
OFFICE: WB 237
Sandeep Rangaraju joined the Weber State University faculty in July 2015 and serves as an assistant professor of economics at the Goddard School of Business & Economics at Weber State University.
Rangaraju received his PhD in economics in August 2015 from Gatton School of Business and Economics at University of Kentucky. He received his bachelor’s degree (B-Tech) in electronics and instrumentation engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India, and his MBA and MA in economics from Central Michigan University.
Rangaraju’s primary research interests are in the field of macro and monetary economics. He is especially interested in the macroeconomics effects of news shocks. Two of his recent papers examine how tax news shocks affect the national and state-level aggregate economy. His current research investigates the effect of oil price shocks on total job flows and on the industry level job creation and destruction.
Rangaraju has taught classes in macroeconomics and international trade at different levels and enjoys teaching business statistics courses.
Ph.D., Economics - Gatton School of Business and Economics at the University of Kentucky, 2015
MA, Economics - Central Michigan University, 2010
MBA - Central Michigan University, 2008
B-Tech, Electronics and instrumentation engineering - Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India, 2006
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Where Do Jobs Go When Oil Prices Drop", (with Ana Mara Herrera and Mohamad B. Karaki), Energy Economics, 64, 469-482.
- Midwest Econometrics Group, College Station, Texas, Oct 20-21, 2017, presented
- Southern Economics Association Annual Meeting,Washington DC, November 20, presented
- BYU-USU-WSU MacroWorkshop, Utah State University, Logan, April 2016, presented
- Brown bag Series Workshop, Weber State University, Ogden, April 2016, presented
- Economics Department Workshop, University of Kentucky, Lexington, October 2014, presented
- Micro Teaching Group Leader, University of Kentucky Teaching Assistant Training,August 2014, presented
- Economics DepartmentWorkshop, University of Kentucky, Lexington, May 2014, presented
- Midwest- Economics Association Annual Meeting, Evanston, IL, March 2014, presented
- Midwest Econometrics Group (MEG 2013), Indiana University, Bloomington, October, 2013, presented
- Kentucky Economics Association (KEA 2013), Frankfort, Kentucky, October, 2013, presented