ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ECONOMICS
OFFICE: WB 245
Nazneen Ahmad joined the Weber State University faculty in 2006 and teaches courses in macroeconomics and international finance in the Goddard School of Business & Economics.
Prior to her appointment at WSU, Ahmad taught at Portland State University, Dillard University and Jahangirnagar University. Ahmad holds a master’s degree in economics from York University in Toronto and a PhD in financial economics from University of New Orleans.
Her research interests are mainly in the areas of macroeconomics, business cycles and international finance.
Ph.D., Financial economics - University of New Orleans, 2005
MS, Financial economics - University of New Orleans, 2004
MA, Economics - York University, Canada, 2000
MSc, Economics - Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, 1995
BSc, Economics - Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh, 1994
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
GOOGLE SCHOLAR LINKS:
- Polarization on Economic Issues over Time – a Survey of Delegates to the National Conventions, with Doris Geide-Stevenson and Dan Fuller, Journal of Economics and Economic Education Research, 15(2), 2014, p. 81-100.
- Evidence on the Linkages between Remittances and the Macro Economy, with Joseph French, Journal of Economics, 40(1), 2014, p. 31-46.
- End of Double Taxation: is the policy better when announced? with Wei Xiao, Journal of Policy Modeling, 35(6), 2013, p. 928-942.
- Consumer Response to Child Tax Credit, with Norbert Michel, Empirical Economics, 43(3), 2012, p. 1199-1214.
- Returns or Valuation? Equity Investment in the United States, with Joseph French, Studies in Economics and Finance, 28(3), 2011, p. 196-216.
- Decomposing the Relationship between Human Capital and GDP: An Empirical Analysis of Bangladesh, with Joseph French, The Journal of Developing Areas, 44(2), 2011, p 127-142.
- Greed, Financial Innovation or Laxity of Regulation? A Close Look into the 2007-09 Financial Crisis and Stock Market Volatility, with M. Imtiaz Mazumder, Studies in Economics and Finance, 27(2), 2010, p. 110-134.
- Prospect Theory and the Welfare Cost of Business Cycles, with Wei Xiao, Southwestern Journal of Economics, Vol. X, no. 1, 2007, p. 3-24.
The Returns of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008, with M. Imtiaz Mazumder, Eastern Economic Journal, 2012, Vol. 38, No. 4, p. 552-554.
- The Psychology of Investing, with M. Imtiaz Mazumder, Journal of Economic Psychology, February 2009, 30(1), p. 113-114.
- Western Economic Association International Conference, 2016
- Brown Bag seminar, GSBE, October 2016
- Southern Economic Association Meeting, 2016, 2012, 2008, 2007, 2004
- Eastern Economic Association annual meeting, 2010.
- Financial Management Association (FMA) annual meeting, 2009.
- European Financial Management Association 2009 Conference, 2009.
- American Economic Association annual meeting, 2006.
- Southwestern Economics Association annual meeting, 2005.