INSTRUCTOR OF ACCOUNTING
OFFICE: WB 266
Loisanne Kattelman, CPA, joined the faculty of Weber State University in 1998 and is an instructor in the School of Accounting & Taxation at the Goddard School of Business & Economics. She serves on the UACPA leadership council and is the co-faculty advisor for both Beta Alpha Psi and WSU’s Tax Center’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA).
Kattelman holds a BA and a MAcc in accounting from WSU and is a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Utah. She teaches introductory and intermediate financial accounting courses and the individual income tax course in the Goddard School’s undergraduate program. She teaches the financial and managerial accounting course for non-business majors in the MBA program.
Kattelman started her accounting career at an international public accounting firm and has continued her connection to the profession by providing consulting services to several privately owned corporations.
MS, Master of Accounting - Weber State University, 1991
CPA - Utah
BA, Accounting - Weber State University, 1990
WEB & SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
ThomasArts June 2004 to Feb 2011
- Implement GAAP compliant financial statements and tax-planning strategies.
- Design and develop procedures for accounting, banking and reporting functions.
TaxWorks by Laser Systems October 1996 to August 1998
Director of Tax Research – Business Entities
- Designed and tested business entities software (1065, 1120 and 1120S systems) to ensure compliance with IRS guidelines and current legislation.
- Presented software application and tax compliance issues at nationwide seminars.
Tanner LLC October 1994 to October 1996
- Supervised and coordinated client audits and preparation of financial statements, auditors’ report, and financial disclosures.
Arthur Andersen, LLP July 1991 to October 1994
- Provided professional audit and financial services to a variety of publicly and privately held clients in various industries, including manufacturing, technology and real estate.