ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ACCOUNTING
OFFICE: WB 250
Andrea Gouldman joined the faculty at Weber State University in 2013.
She earned her PhD in business with a specialization in accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University. Prior to pursuing a career in academia, she worked for Saks, Inc. as an assistant buyer and Circuit City, Inc. as a senior financial analyst. She is a certified public accountant (CPA) in the state of Virginia.
Dr. Gouldman teaches cost and managerial accounting in the Goddard School’s undergraduate and MBA programs. Her primary research is in judgment and decision making in managerial accounting with a focus on earnings management. She has also published articles on corporate social disclosures and accounting education.
Ph.D., Business (Accounting) Virginia Commonwealth University
MAcc, Virginia Commonwealth University
BS, Commerce University of Virginia, McIntire School of Commerce
CPA - Virginia
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- Brink, A., A. Gouldman, J. M. Rose, and K. Rotaru. 2020. Effects of Supervisors’ Compensation Structures on Psychophysiological Responses and Real Earnings Management Decisions of Subordinate Managers. Management Accounting Research, Forthcoming.
- Gouldman, A, and L. Victoravich 2020. The Effect of CEO Friendship and Perceived Pay Equity on the Earnings Management Behavior of Business-Unit Managers. Managerial Auditing Journal, 35 (3), https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/MAJ-01-2019-2122/full/html.
- Zhang, L., E. Smith, and A. Gouldman 2020. The Effects of Individual Values on Willingness to Pay and Fairness Perceptions of Use Tax on Internet Purchases. Advances in Taxation, Forthcoming.
- Brink, A. G., A. Gouldman, and L. M. Victoravich 2018. The Effects of Organizational Risk Appetite and Social Pressure on Aggressive Financial Reporting Behavior. Behavioral Research in Accounting, 30 (2): 23-36.
- Abdullah, I., A. Brink, C. K. Eller, and A. Gouldman. 2016. Pedagogical Training in Ph.D. Programs: How Does Accounting Compare to Similar Disciplines? Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations, 18: 111-145.
- Adhikari, A., D. Emerson, A. Gouldman, and R. Tondkar. 2015. An Examination of Corporate Social Disclosures of Multinational Corporations: A Cross-National Investigation. Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting, 31(1): 100-106.
- Van der Laan Smith J., A. Gouldman and R. Tondkar. 2014. Does the Adoption of IFRS Affect Corporate Social Disclosures in Annual Reports? Advances in Accounting, incorporating Advances in International Accounting, 30 (2): 402-412.