Mountain Medical Mobile Mammography
Weber State University Employee Wellness is excited to partner with Mountain Medical’s Mobile Mammography to offer our employees annual mammogram screenings on-site May 2nd in the Paid Parking Lot from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. You will experience the same quality, expertise and compassionate care as you would at a hospital or outpatient facility plus a comfortable atmosphere, state of the art digital mammography and female technologists certified in breast imaging.
Mountain Medical offers several convenient ways to schedule your mobile mammography appointment
Online Scheduling Link:
Please have your physician’s name and insurance information available when you schedule. Mountain Medical provides confidential results to all patients and their primary care physician(s) of choice.
Eligibility guidelines for screening mammography
- Must be a woman 40 and older. Physician referral not required but must have a physician’s name for reporting purposes.
- Women under 40 whose (mother or sister had breast cancer before age 50) are eligible 10 years earlier than their mother or sister was diagnosed. Physician referral is required.
- Must be one year since previous mammogram.
- Must not be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- No new breast lumps/concerns. Patient should promptly contact their physician for evaluation if experiencing breast problems.
How should I prepare for my exam?
- Please bring your photo id and insurance card (if applicable) to your appointment.
- If prior mammogram(s) were performed at a facility other than Mountain Medical, please bring those films to your appointment or the name and address of the facility where they were performed.
- On the day of the examination, do not wear talcum powder, lotion or perfume under your arms or on your breasts. These substances can cause artifacts on your mammogram making the images harder to interpret. Deodorant may be worn-we will have individual wipes so you can remove it before the exam and deodorant will be available to you after your exam.
- Wear two-piece clothing so that you only have to remove your top and bra for the examination.
- Please bring any pertinent history to your appointment: prior surgeries, hormone use, family or personal history of breast cancer.
For more information about Mountain Medical’s Mobile Mammography, your exam or the guidelines for early detection please visitwww.MountainMedical.com.