March Challenge- Choose My Plate
All Food Choices Matter
To celebrate National Nutrition Month, the March monthly challenge will encourage participants to arrange their lunch plate using the MyPlate.gov recommendations. This includes the following:
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Focus on whole fruits.
- Vary your veggies.
- Make half your grains whole grains.
- Move to low-fat and fat-free milk or yogurt.
- Vary your protein routine.
- Drink and eat less sodium, saturated fat, and added sugars.
Regardless if you eat on campus or pack a lunch, it is encouraged that every meal follows these recommendations. The first of week of the challenge will require participants to eat at least one lunch that looks like the MyPlate.gov plate. This amount will increase each week. You will also receive a weekly email that provides tips and ideas for achieving this challenge.
1- Register by March 3rd
2- Download your tracking sheet
3- Return your tracking sheet before April 7
You may complete this challenge any time during the 2017 calendar year. Tracking sheets returned to Employee Wellness after the due date will not accrue points to the Wellness Store, but may be used towards the Wellness Pays Rewards Program.
Did you know.....
- As you complete Monthly Challenges, you Wellness Wheel will become whole. View your personal Wellness Wheel on the eWeber Portal, Employee Wellness Application. Then click on the "Rewards Program" link listed in the Wellness Pays chart.
- Upon completion of Monthly Challenges, participants will earn points that they can then trade in for a product through the Wellness Store.
- Monthly Challenges count as Wellness Pays Rewards activities! Complete three monthly challenges and earn $20.