Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Connect While Off- Campus?
It is possible to forward any phone calls made to your work extension to your cell phone by using Telecom's service called EC500. Follow the link below for more information on how to request this service:
- Telecommunications Request form
- Managing Campus Calls Using a Softphone
All aspects of your campus digital or VOIP extension can be managed using a University-provided softphone on any Windows 10 computer. For more information on how to request softphone capabilities, follow this link:
For information regarding recommended internet speeds and connectivity, visit this resource.
Employees must use VPN access when working from home, install virus-protection software, and keep it current. See below for additional information.
For security related tips, visit the Information Security Office's Stay Safe page.
Additional resources are shared through the Telecommunications Work While Away Guide
No Scanner at Home? Try Adobe Scan available for both Android and iOS devices.
How Can I Connect My Computer Remotely?
Remote desktop connection guide
What Are Our Primary Video Conferencing Tools?
- Enabling Chat
- Using Hangouts for Remote Work
- Hangouts Meet (for classrooms of up to 250, streaming for 100k, and recording meetings)
- Getting Started with Hangouts Meet
- Account Request
- Using Zoom for Remote Work
- Zoom Video Tutorials
- Zoom Training - LinkedIn Learning
- Zoom Best Practices
What are Common Collaboration Tools?
- Accessing Google Drive
- Using Google Drive for Remote Work
- Sync Drive Files to Your Computer
- Overview of Google Drive Collaboration Tools - LinkedIn Learning
Collaboration with Office 365