Advertise Your Student Access & Success Event
PLEASE READ FIRST:
EVENT ADVERTISING CHECKLIST
NOTE: Student Communications assumes that you have created this event following correct WSU procedures. We are here to help you market an event, not create an event.
- We need FINALIZED information and the form below completed ONE MONTH before you want to start advertising. If we do not get your request on time, we may not be able to take on your project.
- We recommend advertising two weeks before the event.
ALREADY CREATED YOUR OWN MARKETING:
- Just want us to market it with your materials? Complete Form
We will ask you for graphics of certain sizes to market
- Want to market it all on your own? Marketing on Campus (PDF)
If your event is virtual, please have any Zoom links ready to go. If you need a website to host your virtual event (instead of a live Zoom meeting) such as displaying videos, let Dani know at least two months in advance and be ready with that content shortly after.
STUDENT ACCESS & SUCCESS CALENDAR:
Add your event to the SAS Google Master Calendar by inviting email@example.com to your Google Calendar event. Do this as soon as you can so others can plan their events around your event. Remember to keep this event updated as you finalize information or if the event is canceled.
EXTRAS YOU MAY NEED
SAVE THE DATE OR SPONSORSHIP LETTER:
If you just need Save the Date or Sponsorship Letter materials far in advance of the event, please contact Dani one month before you need these materials with all the details you will need added. Then, fill out the Marketing Request Form below when you have your event content finalized and you know how you want to advertise.
EVENT CHECK-IN & TRACKING:
You may use a Qualtrics survey (contact Garin firstname.lastname@example.org) or GivePulse (reach out to CCEL).
VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHY:
Need a professional videographer/photographer at your event? Marketing & Communications offers excellent rates for professional services. MarComm Request Form
Need Crowd Release?
Is your event in a crowded place where you will be taking pictures or video of the event?
You can check out crowd release posters and lawn signs to post on the day of your event to ensure that your images can be used.
Contact Dani to check out signs: email@example.com.
If you are getting photos close up to people's faces and intend to use them on any marketing materials (outside of just social media), we recommend that you have them sign a photo/video release.
*Remember to take pictures of the posted signage at your event and save photos and any signed releases to Box for reference.
10 Steps to Marketing Your Event
- Complete request to advertise event form.
- Receive a verification email from Google outlining the options you chose in the form.
- Receive follow up email from Dani with clarifying questions.
- Receive poster design options or an updated poster with your existing design for repeat events from Lindsay.
- Pick a design and send any needed updates to Lindsay.
- Receive all design files for final approval from Lindsay.
With your consent to print, you agree that you are satisfied with the design, the content is free of errors and you have permission to use any photos/graphics you provided for this project. If an error is found, you are responsible for the re-print.
- Reply to Lindsay your approval and how many prints you need.
- Receive email from printing company to pay for your prints on a p-card. You will be in charge of picking up prints unles Lindsay specifies she will pick them up for you.
- You are in charge of posting and taking down prints around campus. (Bulletin Boards PDF)
- If you have social media, Dani will send you graphics for you to post to your accounts or we can make posts for you if you do not have social media.
- We will get all of your requested digital marketing posted.