In an effort to manage temporary signage on campus in a fair and reasonable way, a reservation system for posting yard signs has been added to Scheduling, Events and Conferences’ EMS website. WSU organizations can reserve space by the month, for up to three months per calendar year (no consecutive months). Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.
Please review all yard sign rules and specifications before reserving space and installing signs.
For day-of-event yard sign rules, please click here.
I’ve read the rules and specs below, and I’m ready to reserve yard sign space!Schedule Now
YARD SIGN SPECIFICATIONS
Maximum size: 25" wide x 19" high
Maximum # of signs allowed: 10
Acceptable materials: Corrugated plastic or vinyl on 9-guage metal “H” stake
Maximum display time: 30 days
Display location options: Tree rings only; not lawns or planting beds
Reservation/permission required? Yes
YARD SIGN POSTING RULES
- Campus organizations and departments need to request permission to put up yard signs on campus through the SEC office EMS Scheduling System. Yard sign postings on campus are limited to WSU organizations.
- All reservations will begin the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month.
- Each reservation requires the group or organization placing the reservation to be responsible for putting up their signs as well as taking down their signs
- If the program or event being advertised has an end date, the sign must be removed the day following the program/event.
- In the event that signage does not have an end date, the advertisement will be given an expiration date of the last day of the month for which it was reserved.
- Each reservation allows for a maximum of 10 yard signs.
- The scheduling system allows for 10 reservations per calendar month.
- The University entity, group or sponsor must be clearly identified on the posting.
- All yard signs must be dated (expiration date stickers will be given by the scheduling office upon reservation confirmation). Any yard sign without a sticker indicating a valid date will be removed.
- Reservations are limited to 3 times per department of organization within a calendar year. No back to back months.
Enforcement and removal:
- At the end of every month, all signs with an end date of that particular month will be removed. There will be a grace period of two days before signs are taken down.
- If signs are not removed within 2 days of the official end of reservation date, the signs will be removed by the university and the department/organization responsible will incur a $50 pick up fee.
- The scheduling office will send a notification email to customers reminding them to remove their sign.
- The removal of signs will be facilitated by campus grounds crew and Molly Ward, the signage master.
- Any sign that doesn’t have a date sticker from the SEC office visibly displayed will be removed immediately.
I’ve read the rules and specs, and I’m ready to reserve yard sign space!Schedule Now