Parent Access and Responsibilities
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
In accordance with national FERPA policy, in order to have access to your student's information, your student will need to fill out a Student Information Release Form. More information can be found on Weber State's Parental Information page.
Parent Responsibilities and Tips
- Be your student's #1 supporter
- Listen to your student's thoughts and concerns regarding dual enrollment
- Attend advising appointments with your student
- Help your student understand how dual enrollment can help them reach their goals
- Become familiar with resources available to your student
- Encourage your student to advocate for themselves
- Ask lots of questions!