Communication Teaching Minor

Communication Teaching Minor

The Department of Communication offers a Communication Teaching minor for the Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) or Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) degree. You may choose one of the following two tracks: Communication Studies or Journalism.

  • Communication Studies (Speech): You should choose this emphasis if you plan to teach/coach human communication courses in high schools such as speech, debate, interpersonal and small group communication, etc.
  • Journalism: This emphasis prepares you to teach journalism and advise high school newspaper and yearbook staffs.

Program Requirements

How To Declare Your Minor

  1. Complete the Minor Declaration Form
  2. Email the completed form to


Colleen Packer, Ph.D.
EH 351

Office Hours
By Appointment