What You Will Learn
An emphasis in Digital Media will teach you about the importance of deadlines, budgets, and the impact your actions have on a production team. As an advanced student, you will gain understanding about the art and power of communicating messages through video, audio and the Web. The Digital Media interdisciplinary emphasis includes two tracks: Entertainment or Digital Media Production. Instead of a track, you may also complete a minor approved by your advisor.
- Entertainment: Acquire skills in production, writing and content development to prepare to pursue careers within the entertainment industry.
- Digital Media Production: Acquire skills in studio and field production to create institutional, educational and commercial productions.
“I attended other universities, but I received more one-on-one guidance at Weber State than anywhere else. With that guidance I was able to gain an understanding of what I needed to do to be successful in my field as well as the motivation to achieve my goals.”
– Rod Zundel, Class of 1991
KSL Television Sports Anchor/Reporter
Careers in Digital Media
See a list of career possibilities.
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Major Declaration Form and have your advisor sign it.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Digital Media Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Description (PDF)
- Academic Map (PDF)
- Four-Year Course Projections (PDF)