Communication Teaching Emphases
The Department of Communication offers a Communication Teaching minor for the Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) or Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) degree. You may choose one of the following two tracks: Communication Studies and Journalism.
- Communication Studies (Speech): You should choose this emphasis if you plan to teach/coach human communication courses in high schools such as speech, debate, interpersonal and small group communication, etc.
- Journalism: This emphasis prepares you to teach journalism and advise high school newspaper and yearbook staffs.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Communication Studies Emphasis, Communication Teaching Concentration Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Multimedia Journalism Emphasis, Communication Teaching Concentration Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Descriptions
- Academic Map-Journalism (PDF)
- Academic Map-Speech (PDF)
- Four-Year Course Projections (PDF)
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Major Declaration Form (PDF) and have it signed by your advisor.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.
Colleen Packer, Ph.D.