Communication Teaching Minor
Communication Teaching Emphasis Areas
The Department of Communication offers a Communication Teaching major for the Bachelor of Arts Degree (BA) or Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) degree. You may choose one of the following two tracks: Communication Studies or Journalism.
- Communication Studies (Speech): You should choose this emphasis if you plan to teach/coach human communication courses in high schools such as speech, debate, interpersonal and small group communication, etc.
- Journalism: This emphasis prepares you to teach journalism and advise high school newspaper and yearbook staffs.
- Advising Sheet (PDF)
- Communication Studies Emphasis, Communication Teaching Minor Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Multimedia Journalism Emphasis, Communication Teaching Minor Program Requirements (WSU Catalog)
- Course Descriptions
- Four-Year Course Projections (PDF)
How To Declare Your Major
- Complete the Minor Declaration Form (PDF) and have your advisor sign it.
- Return the form to the Communication Department in Elizabeth Hall, Room 330.
Colleen Packer, Ph.D.