The Writing Center offers free creating, composing, and revising consultation for all courses and projects.
Sessions are available all day. Check out the tutor schedules to determine the best time to drop in for a session (when most tutors are on staff). Link will be posted here soon.
Get An Appointment
(select "Writing Center" from the drop-down list)
Online Paper Review
Submit a paper online for feedback for any class or project.
Fall and Spring Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
Spring 2020 Holiday Hours
Jan. 6 - 11 -- M - F 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Jan. 13 - 18 -- M - F 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Jan. 20 -- Closed, MLK, Jr. Day
Feb. 17 -- Closed, Pres. Day
Mar. 2 - 6 -- Closed, Spring Break
Apr. 23, 1:00 p.m. -- Closed between semesters
Finals Week Hours
Mon. - Thurs. 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
We are then closed until the beginning of Spring 2020 semester.
Get the Most out of a Writing Center Tutoring Session:
- Plan your time, coming in early in the writing process and leaving yourself time to revise. You may also want one or more follow-up sessions, and planning well allows you time to revise well and edit well.
- Bring a description of the assignment, if available, and be familiar with your professor’s expectations.
- Unless you are seeking a brainstorming session, bring a copy of your most recent draft of your paper or digital project. Also, our printers are available to print works to be tutored, and you can open your Adobe projects on our computers.
- Let the tutor know what you are most concerned about, and be sure to ask questions. This relationship is meant to support your ability to compose and revise with confidence and skill.
- If you make an appointment, be certain to arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to get the nearest available tutor to your time slot. Arriving even one minute late means losing the appointment slot, but you can still get in line for a drop-in session.
More Writing Tutoring Options