Our certified guides can help you enjoy the amazing rock climbing Utah has to offer. Let us take care of all the logistics and safety so you can focus on having fun!
Rock Climbing Guides
The WSU Outdoor Program hires and trains American Mountain Guides (AMGA) certified single pitch and rock instructors right here in Ogden, Utah. Our Guides are highly skilled locals to make sure you have the very best experience possible for the current conditions. Ogden has many hidden gems and a plethora of climbing... but let’s keep that our little secret!
Choose your adventure; half day or full day sessions are available. Provide us with your current climbing ability and we will cater the experience to your needs.
April 1 – November 30
- Custom rock climbing instructionand guiding (Top Rope, Sport Climbing, Traditional Climbing)
- Equipment included, as needed
- Solo full day, $225
- Full day group (6-8 hours): $200 first person; $100 each additional group member. Maximum of 8 guests per group minimum 3.
- Half day Solo, $150
- Half day group (1-5 hours): $125 first person; $75 each additional goup member,
- Custom large groups are available by request (Group Climbing - see below)
- AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Certification Course, and Assessment. The Outdoor Program is a provider for the American Mountain Guides Association Single Pitch Instructor Certification. Ask about a private course, or our next pre-scheduled course.
Register for your guided climbing by calling 801-626-6373
or email us OutdoorProgram@weber.edu
Instructional Group Climbing
Groups are what make the world go ‘round! From Wall Street to Main Street, for schools, non-profits and military personnel, we specialize in creating relevant team based activities using our indoor climbing facility and the great outdoor terrain.
We tailor your group’s curriculum and activities to meet the unique needs of your team. All ages and all abilities are welcome. Participants will come away with a new sense of trust, a fresh perspective on the importance of communication, and greater feeling of confidence gained from stepping outside their comfort zone.
Our instructors will lead you through goal-setting activities, then teach the basics of climbing and related safety skills. Partner-based problem-solving exercises provide the ultimate challenge.
- Instructional Group Rock Climbing Rates start at $30/participant for a half day, minimum of 10 participants.
Benefits of group rock climbing:
- Enhances group dynamics
- Shows each person's contribution to the success of the team
- Allows individuals to support each other
- Teaches participants to adapt quickly to new conditions
- Builds confidence through perceived risk as people step outside their comfort zone
- Stimulates creativity
- Inspires individuals to achieve excellence
- Facilitates communication as participants master challenges both mentally and physically
- Builds confidence within the individual, builds trust within the team
What kind of groups?
- Corporate Groups
- School Groups
- Outdoor Education
- Birthday Parties
- Executive Retreats
- Church Groups
- Sports Teams
- Military Training
- Team Building
- Special Events