Swiftwater Rescue Training Course
2-day Operations Level: Swiftwater Rescue Course, by Wilderness Rescue International. Themes of this dynamic course revolve around recognition of hazards, critical judgment, and rescue awareness. Emphasis is placed heavily on self-rescue techiniques and approaching rescue scenarios simply and safely. Apply new and refined skills in mock-rescue scenarios using a minimal amount of gear. These scenarios create an opportunity for participants to practice skills individually and with a team context. Scope and content of the course will vary, based upon participant needs, interests and experience. Topics covered include extricating pins, using rescue vests, managing strainers, dealing with entrapment, and proficient swimming skills. This course is delivered by certified instructors and participants will receive a certificate of completion in Swiftwater Rescue. Find the full Course Description on the Wilderness Rescue International's website.
- June 1-2, 2022 || Stanley, ID
Price: $160 for current WSU Students! || $256 for WSU Faculty/Staff|| $320 for all other participants
Price Includes: 2 day/16 hours of instruction
**Transportation and lodging are not included
- 18 years of age
- Adequate health insurance coverage
- Basic swimming ability and in good physical condition
Required Equipment needed:
- Full wetsuit or drysuit.
- Lightweight water or kayak helmet
- USCG Type III or V approved lifejacket/ PFD
- Thick-soled water booties or tennis shoes. Must be closed-toe.
- Gloves are optional but helpful in cold water.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own rescue gear to practice with.
Time commitment: 16 hours of instruction
For more information please contact Hayley Prine: firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) | 801-626-7905
Registration is required by 6 p.m. the Tuesday prior to the course
email@example.com | 1352 Village Dr, Ogden, UT, 84408