Mark your calendars for OCF13: April 17-18, 2020
The Outdoor Program at Weber State University, GEAR:30, and the Front Climbing Club are proud to host the Ogden Climbing Festival. The Ogden Climbing Festival is the premier climbing event in the region. The Festival brings together climbers from all climbing disciplines to introduce them to best of Ogden Utah.
The OCF boasts two days of incredible events from educational climbing clinics for all abilities, stewardship and service opportunities, equipment demo's, Climbing competitions, and inspiring keynote speakers. The OCF brings together climbers, educators, retailers, and top companies to carry on the rich climbing tradition of Ogden, Utah.
2019: Friday, April 12
-- Equipment Demo and Citizens Climbing Competition --
Try equipment from the climbing industries leading brands, and support the sponsors of the Ogden Climbing Festival. Register for the OCF12 Citizens Boulder competition, We have thousands of dollars in prizes and raffles.
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.. Registration
- 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Comp
- The Front Ogden Climbing
2019: Saturday, April 13
-- Stewardship Event: Trail Work and Crag Cleanup --
(Weather announcement: The Stewardship Event will run rain or shine please dress appropriately. We will announce any bad weather cancelations by 7a.m. on Saturday morning. Check here or social media for updates.)
1. Erosion control
2. Trail rehab on the trail systems above 22nd St. and boulder field
Help us improve access trails and prevent erosion in the Ogden Boulder Field and Schoolroom Climbing area.
- 8 a.m. - Noon
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map)
- Coffee and small pastries available for purchase (morning of)
- Bring gloves if you have them or gloves will be provided
- Free lunch provided by Lucky Slice from 12p.m.-1 p.m. (after cleanup)
-- Free Lunch for Participants --
- Provided by The Lucky Slice
- Noon - 1 p.m.
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah)
-- Educational Climbing Clinics --
(Weather Announcement: Don't freak out, we have a plan. Please dress appropriately for the weather on Saturday afternoon, and proceed as planned. We will announce any bad weather clinic location changes by 9 a.m. on Saturday morning. Watch your email, check here, or social media for updates)
- 1 - 5 p.m.
- 2019 clinic options/ registration will open soon. Space is limited. Be sure to register early for best selection, clinics always fill to capacity. Day of registration is not likely.
- Lower Ogden Boulder Field (park and check-in at Saint Joseph High School located at 1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map).
- Check-in and meet your group at the registration table.
You will not want to miss this show! Food and beverage provided, music, sponsors fair, massive raffle with thousands of dollars in swag, and incredible multimedia shows! We have limited tickets and it is anticipated that this show will sell out early.
- Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Sonnie Trotter Show 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Raffle/ Poster Signing 8:30-9 p.m.
- Location: Ogden Monarch Building (will be open for this event!)
25th Street, Ogden UT map
VIP's: you're invited to a VIP social from 6-7 p.m. Enjoy food, beverage and an opportunity to mingle with presenters. Perhaps even get a poster signed!
* The Monarch has an event capacity of 500 seats, please note that tickets sold at the door will be limited to first come first serve.
Sonnie Trotter has been joyously climbing for 24 years, and within that time has established hundreds of first ascents around the world. While having climbed multiple 5.14c and 5.14d sport climbs, as well as a dozen 5.14 trad climbs, Sonnie's energy has gravitated mostly towards first ascents and exploring new terrain no matter the grade. Now at 39, Sonnie calls Canmore, Alberta home, with its endless mountain aspects and small town feeling, he claims its the perfect place for him and his wife to raise a family. Sonnie has two kids, a boy and a girl ages 5 and 1, it's no doubt he has his hands full these days. Trotter recently made headlines again with a first free ascent of El Cap's North America Wall which he climbed in a surprising 13 hours leading all 26 pitches with Tommy Caldwell at the belay. Sonnie says he's only getting warmed up, and he still has dream projects scattered all over the world, from Patagonia to the Yukon. He's a self proclaimed 'lifer', stating that no matter how much he climbs, he can never get enough.
OCF12 Event Hosts
2019 Sponsors Include
Check back later for 2019 Title sponsors