Mark your calendars for OCF12: April 12-13, 2019
The Outdoor Program at Weber State University, GEAR:30, and the Front Climbing Club are proud to host the eleventh annual Ogden Climbing Festival (OCF11). The Ogden Climbing Festival is the premier climbing event in the region. The Festival brings together climbers from all climbing disciplines to introduce them to best of Ogden Utah.
The OCF boasts two days of incredible events from educational climbing clinics for all abilities, stewardship and service opportunities, equipment demo's, Climbing competitions, and inspiring keynote speakers. The OCF brings together climbers, educators, retailers, and top companies to carry on the rich climbing tradition of Ogden, Utah.
2018: Friday, April 13
-- OCF11 Emily Harrington Keynote Presenter --
You will not want to miss this show! Food and beverage provided, music, sponsors fair, massive raffle with thousands of dollars in swag, and incredible multimedia shows! We have limited tickets and it is anticipated that this show will sell out early.
- Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Emily Harrington Show 7:15-8:15 p.m.
- Raffle/ Poster Signing 8:30-9 p.m.
- Location: Ogden Union Station
VIP's: you're invited to a VIP social from 6-7 p.m. in North West room at Union station. Enjoy food, beverage and an opportunity to mingle with presenters. Perhaps even get a poster signed!
* Union station has an event capacity of 500 seats, please note that tickets sold at the door will be limited to first come first serve.
Emily Harrington is a professional rock climber and adventurer who has been a prominent and leading figure in the climbing community since she was a teenager. Her early years were defined by her successes on the USA Climbing Team on the national and world competition circuit, including 5 US National Sport Climbing Championships and 2 North American Championships. Emily’s true passion lies with outdoor climbing and exploring the mountains. Since shifting her focus from competition, Emily has established numerous first female ascents of 5.14 sport routes, summited Everest, and has been on expeditions all over the world attempting big wall free climbs and high altitude peaks in Nepal, China, Myanmar, Crimea, and Morocco.
2018: Saturday, April 14
-- Stewardship Event: Trail Work and Crag Cleanup --
(Weather announcement: The Stewardship Event will run rain or shine please dress appropriatly. We will announce any bad weather cancelations by 8am on Saturday morning. Check here or social media for updates.)
1. Erosion control
2. Trail rehab on the trail systems above 22nd St. and boulder field
Help us improve access trails and prevent erosion in the Ogden Boulder Field and Schoolroom Climbing area.
- 8 a.m. - Noon
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map)
- Coffee and small pastries available for purchase (morning of)
- Bring gloves if you have them or gloves will be provided
- Free lunch provided by Lucky Slice from 12p-1p (after cleanup)
-- Free Lunch for Participants --
- Provided by The Lucky Slice and Redbull
- Noon - 1 p.m.
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah)
-- Educational Climbing Clinics --
(Weather Announcement: Don't freak out, we have a plan. Please dress appropriatly for the weather on Saturday afternoon, and proceed as planned. We will announce any bad weather clinic location changes by 9am on Saturday morning. Watch your email, check here, or social media for updates)
- 1 - 5 p.m.
- 2018 clinic options/ registration is open now. Space is limited. Be sure to register early for best selection, clinics always fill to capacity. Day of registration is not likely.
- Lower Ogden Boulder Field (park and check-in at Saint Joseph High School located at 1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map).
- Check-in and meet your group at the registration table.
-- Equipment Demo and Citizens Climbing Competition --
Try equipment from the climbing industries leading brands and support the sponsors of the Ogden Climbing Festival. Register for the OCF11 Citizens Boulder competition, We have thousands of dollars in prizes and raffels.
- 5 - 6 P.m. Registration
- 6 - 9 p.m. Comp
- The Front Ogden Climbing
OCF 11 Event Hosts
2018 Sponsors Include