Mark your calendars for OCF13: April 10-11, 2020
The Outdoor Program at Weber State University, GEAR:30, and the Front Climbing Club are proud to host the Ogden Climbing Festival. The Ogden Climbing Festival is the premier climbing event in the region. The Festival brings together climbers from all climbing disciplines to introduce them to the best of Ogden Utah.
The OCF boasts two days of incredible events from educational climbing clinics for all abilities, stewardship and service opportunities, equipment demos, climbing competitions, and inspiring keynote speakers. The OCF brings together climbers, educators, retailers, and top companies to carry on the rich climbing tradition of Ogden, Utah.
2020: Friday, April 10
-- Equipment Demo and Citizens Climbing Competition --
Try equipment from the climbing industries leading brands, and support the sponsors of the Ogden Climbing Festival. Register for the OCF13 Citizens Boulder competition, we have thousands of dollars in prizes and raffles.
- Gym closes at 3 p.m.
- Check-in at 5 p.m.
- Comp from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Dyno Comp from 9:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Awards from 10 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Price $40
- Early Bird Registration $35
- The Front Ogden Climbing
2020: Saturday, April 11
-- Stewardship Event: Trail Work and Crag Cleanup --
(Weather announcement: The Stewardship Event will run rain or shine please dress appropriately. We will announce any bad weather cancelations by 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. Check here or social media for updates.)
1. Erosion control
2. Trail rehab on the trail systems above 22nd St. and boulder field
Help us improve access trails and prevent erosion in the Ogden Boulder Field and Schoolroom Climbing area.
- 8 a.m. - Noon
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map)
- Coffee and small pastries available for purchase (morning of)
- Bring gloves if you have them or gloves will be provided
- Free lunch provided by Lucky Slice from 12 p.m.-1 p.m. (after cleanup)
-- Free Lunch for Participants --
- Provided by The Lucky Slice
- Noon - 1 p.m.
- Saint Joseph High School Parking Lot (1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah)
-- Educational Climbing Clinics --
(Weather Announcement: Don't freak out, we have a plan. Please dress appropriately for the weather on Saturday afternoon, and proceed as planned. We will announce any bad weather clinic location changes by 9 a.m. on Saturday morning. Watch your email, check here, or social media for updates)
- 1 - 5 p.m.
- 2020 clinic options/ registration will open soon. Space is limited. Be sure to register early for the best selection, clinics always fill to capacity. Day of registration is not likely.
- Lower Ogden Boulder Field (park and check-in at Saint Joseph High School located at 1790 Lake St. Ogden, Utah Map).
- Check-in and meet your group at the registration table.
You will not want to miss this show! Food and beverage provided, music, sponsors fair, massive raffle with thousands of dollars in swag, and incredible multimedia shows! We have limited tickets and it is anticipated that this show will sell out early.
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Keynote Speakers 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Raffle 8:30-9 p.m.
- Location: Ogden Monarch Building (will be open for this event!)
25th Street, Ogden UT map
* The Monarch has an event capacity of 500 seats, please note that tickets sold at the door will be limited to first come first serve.
Keynote: A Celebration of Ogden Climbing
This year our keynote spotlight will shine on the history and development of rock climbing in the Ogden area. Ogden's climbing roots run deep within a rich history of exploration, passion and creativity. Even the roots of this festival itself were a continuation of a community event pioneered by our local legend Jeff Lowe. Over the years the festival has grown and has become an incredible event for getting the Ogden climbing community together once a year. We have had countless athletes and local legends play a role in past festivals.
This year we are hoping to truly do something unique. The climbing history of Ogden is rich and runs deep. Each of our presenters has played a role in this incredible history and development. This year rather than inviting one keynote speaker we have invited multiple local climbers/ legends who have played a key role in Ogden climbing over the years to take 10-20 minutes and showcase aspects of Ogden climbing that inspired their passion. ie: Classics routes or projects they developed, interactions with legends past, history, stories, comedy, photos, videos. Many have written articles or published guide books. These notable folks are coming to share with us what has gone into their labor of love.
OCF13 Event Hosts