Welcome to the Weber State Automotive Technology Deparment
To apply for one of our programs, you must complete these steps.
Call 801-626-6579 if you need assistance.
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Apply to WSU
Apply for admission to WSU.
Step 2: Decide your major
Step 3: Apply to WSU Automotive
If you already have a 2-year automotive degree and you are seeking a B.S. degree, complete the steps listed under the "transfer students" section below. Be advised that submitting your application does not guarantee your admission to the program. You will be contacted by an adviser if you qualify for admittance into the program.
Step 4: Obtain and submit a copy of your driving record
- You must have a current driver's license and a clean driving record to be considered for admission to the program.
- Most employers cannot hire you if you have too many moving violations (more than 2 in 3 years).
- You may submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may mail a paper copy to our office: WSU Automotive Technology, 1465 Edvalson St., Ogden UT 84408
If you have completed college-level courses from an accredited college or university, you will need to have your records transferred to WSU.
- Check the WSU transfer Guide to see which of your classes will transfer. Classes not in the guide will have to be evaluated by WSU personnel to determine their transferability.
- Credits from Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Wyotech and similar for-profit institutions are not college-level courses and will not directly transfer to WSU; however, challenge examination credit and experiential credit may be available for students with ASE certifications and at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Check with your institution to determine if your classes are transferrable to a local state university. If they are, then they will probably also transfer to WSU.
Call 801-626-6577 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment to review your transfer record.
If you have been away from WSU for more than 1 semester, reactivate your academic record by contacting the admissions office at 801-626-6743.