To be a regional leader in undergraduate research and creative scholarship as a pivotal high impact educational experience.
The Office of Undergraduate Research at Weber State University fosters a campus-wide culture of undergraduate research and creative scholarship among students and faculty. Our mission is to engage students in meaningful mentored research experiences by financially supporting and coordinating scholarly activities, curriculum-based research, and travel opportunities for student dissemination.
The Office of Undergraduate Research at Weber State University values:
- valuing each student’s individual learning experience
- building a community of student scholars
- cultivating an inclusive and belonging environment for students and faculty
- providing research and creative scholarship as a valuable engaged learning experience
- fostering faculty-student relationships and supporting faculty mentorship of undergraduate student research and scholarship
- providing avenues for students to learn and grow in their field of study, take ownership of their work, develop resilience and
confidence, and feel proud of their accomplishments.