IMPORTANT PAYROLL INFORMATION
End of Year Payroll Processing
At the end of December, the Payroll Office is under extremely tight deadlines for payroll processing. Because of the holiday schedule, our office will be preparing, verifying, and processing both hourly and salaried payrolls on December 26th.
All hourly time must be verified in TAS before 9:00 a.m. on December 26th
Direct deposit accounts will be shut off at 9:00 a.m. on December 26th for all hourly employees who have unverified time. For all employees who have errors, the “punch” will be deleted and added to the next payroll process. For any additional questions, please contact the Payroll Office at 801-626-6031
If your offices are closed during the holiday break, we encourage you to verify early. Employee time can be verified as soon as your last employee clocks out on Friday, December 21st.
The mission of the Payroll Office is to pay all employees accurately and in a timely manner. In addition to processing employee pay we are responsible for the following:
- Withholding statutory deductions (i.e. garnishments, tax levies, child support withholding orders, etc.) and verifying all record keeping and reporting procedures are followed.
- Withholding elective and voluntary deductions and verifying all record keeping and reporting procedures are followed.
- Generating year-end (W-2) tax statements for all employees.
- Processing required employment forms, including W-4, I-9, direct deposit enrollment.
- Reconciling and remitting retirement plan payments.
- Reconciling and remitting employee health and dental premium payments.
- Preparing and reporting wage payments and tax withholding information on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Reconciling withholding accounts.
- Maintaining records and reports required by the university, and State and Federal governmental agencies pertaining to personnel paid through the payroll system.
- Establishing and enforcing payroll processing procedures that are efficient and cost effective.
- Maintaining payroll related e-systems (i.e. e-PAR, FLSA time worked, Leave Tracker, PAR, etc.).
- Working directly with the Human Resources Office (benefit package remittances and rate changes, job audit changes, employee transfers, employee LWOP, etc.).
- Working directly with the Budget Office (salary worksheet and salary planning process, etc.).
- Working with all campus departments to provide training and education about processes, procedures, and functions including Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC).
- Monitoring, implementing and managing payroll related IRS rules and regulatory guidelines.