Venture Program at Weber State
Venture to New Heights: Free college credits on your journey to higher education
Venture Course, modeled after the Clemente Course in the Humanities, is a joint effort between Weber State University’s Lindquist College of Arts & Humanities, the Department of Continuing Education and Utah Humanities to provide students with a successful college experience for a period of one year at no cost. Students will attend classes just 2 nights per week beginning September 3, 2018 and ending April 18, 2019.
The Venture Course is designed to be offered to a group of students will study five subjects:
- American history
- Art history
- Critical writing/thinking
The classes are taught by university faculty who value community access to higher education and focus on empowering students to develop new ways of thinking to shape their future.
To find out more about the success of the Venture Course and the impact in the lives of hundreds of participants, visit www.clementecourse.org/about-us.
The Venture Course at Weber State University offers the following to its participants:
- A chance to attend college courses without applying to college
- The opportunity to earn up to 10 college credits in five different subjects
- No tuition charges (Books and fees are covered.
- Convenient class schedule of Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6–8 p.m.
- Free UTA transportation tokens for getting to and from class
- Write a short essay describing your desire to be a participant in Venture and explaining your life circumstances that have prevented you from attending college. (This could include income, addictions, incarceration, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent. (Students currently working toward this credential are also welcome but must complete it prior to receiving Venture credit.)
- Living on a modest income
- At least 18 years of age
Register by August 17, 2018