Stay Connected Wildcats
Don't let this period of social distancing stop you from connecting virtually with fellow Wildcats. We encourage you to participate from a distance with WSUSA and on-campus clubs and organizations. As Wildcats we are in this together, we will endure and be stronger than ever. Please do your part and practice safe social distancing. We have provided several safe options and opportunities for you to engage in virtually. We look forward to the day we are all back together on campus. Remember, we are Weber State, and we are GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!
Club and Organization Meetings
Continue to connect with your club or organization virtually using platforms like Zoom and Google Hangout. If you need assistance with utilizing these systems please email the Clubs and Organizations Coordinator, Heather Cimino email@example.com
Stay Connected Through Facebook and Instagram
Be Part of Weber State History & Share Your Thoughts
Share your experience and thoughts about this unique time by tagging @weberstudents.
- How are you enduring and staying positive?
- What kindness are you seeing from others?
- How has this impacted your time at Weber State?
- How will you talk about this time to future generations?
- What have you/would you write in a journal about this experience?
CliftonStrengths (aka StrengthsQuest)
- Take the StrengthsFinder assessment! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a StrengthsFinder code.
Become a Pen Pal
- Register for College Pen Pal Program
As classes go online and we try to socially isolate, you may be craving human connection. Students across the country are in the same boat, this service will help you connect with each other. Fill out this form and you will be matched with another college student from across the United States to begin corresponding and connecting.
- Credit: The University of South Florida for starting this program
Art, Music, and Leisure Events
- Lunch Doodles: Join Mo Willems in doodling over lunch! - Mo Willems is a Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence; doodle along with him! Use #molunchdoodles and #weberartistsindistance to show off your skills! New episodes are posted at 1:00 p.m. ET/11:00 a.m. MT
- Free Virtual Museum Tours - Experience museums from NYC, France, Austria, Washington D.C., and more!
- Billboard Virtual Concerts is offering tons of free virtual concerts every day!
- Free Virtual Meditation - Join Deepak Chopra, Oprah, and millions of meditators around the world to find peace of mind in the midst of turmoil, and do your part to help our global community find hope and optimism.
- Weber Recreation:
Want to Get Involved?
- Apply to be on a team for the 2020-21 academic year.
Resources and Support
- To see the most recent post about Weber Cares, visit Weber Cares Pantry
- Follow @weberrec on Instagram to get tips on staying mindful and as stress-free as possible while social distancing
- Service Opportunities
- Advising and tutoring services will be offered online for the rest of spring semester 2020. Please check the tutoring website or contact your advisor for more information.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO): free self-help educational modules to help you learn about and change how you think and feel.
- Find information related to tech support and online learning
- Internet and Wifi:
- Comcast is suspending broadband data caps and offering free Internet Essentials for 60 days for those who meet low-income requirements. There will be no late fees or disconnects for 60 days.
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser. See map of hotspots
- Charter Communications is offering free access to Spectrum Broadband and WiFi for 60 days for households with K-12 and college students.